Screen Reslotion

by mathematics654

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Screen Reslotion

★★ Pro

I finally upgraded my old 128MB video card to a 4GB one, but now I have to use a screen with an HDMI outpot, so my 1920x1080 monitor doesn't work with the PC anymore, so I had to switch to the TV screen, which is larger but ironicly only 1360x768, will there be a problem with new titles with this res? how should I know if a game support my res? it's not in the requirments.

Message 1 of 5 (287 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Screen Reslotion

EA DICE Team

@mathematics654 @ivrognard

I'm not aware of any issues with a lower resolution for our new titles. 

If you already own a new title, you could also try setting your Windows desktop resolution to a smaller size and start a game to test it out.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (285 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@mathematics654  You can buy a HDMI to DVI convertor very cheap, which can allow you to use your old monitor until you get the funds for a new one. Just make sure you get the right oneStandard smile

I use such a contraption, as i did not had enough funds for a new display (planned for next year when i get back on my feet with the funding) and i have no trouble playing pretty much anything new or old. Was around 10 euro, if i recall correct (but you could probably get it cheaper. If your old monitor is with a VGA entry, you still can find an adapter for that, too. Also really cheap. As a temporary solution, works more than fine.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 5 (282 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm not a big hardware guy, and I don't know which entry my old monitor has, so I don't want to mess stuff up with cables, I just want to know if there is any problem to play new titles with this res.

Message 3 of 5 (275 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mathematics654 @ivrognard

I'm not aware of any issues with a lower resolution for our new titles. 

If you already own a new title, you could also try setting your Windows desktop resolution to a smaller size and start a game to test it out.

Message 4 of 5 (286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@mathematics654

What make / model is your 1080p monitor ? If you know this then we can find out what connections it has for video . Reading your question im going to assume you don't have HDMI inputs on it. By rights you should have at least a DVI or VGA input. A simple adapter as stated is usually all one needs to connect card to monitor .

HDMI to DVI  adapter cable

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014I8UQJY?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_1

HDMI to VGA adapter cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-Gold-Plated-Active-Adapter-Converter/dp/B00ZMV7RL2/ref=sr_1_3?s=electr...

Message 5 of 5 (251 Views)