Re: Scoped aiming. Just... Why?

by tristkiss

Original Post

Scoped aiming. Just... Why?

★★ Apprentice

This is a bit of a rant about cactus more than anything.

Cactus was fun in GW2. She was a good sniper; Not as good as Deadbeard, but fantastic nonetheless.

Firstly, her having a scope makes no sense. She's a plant. Now, Deadbeard having a scope makes perfect sense--His gun HAS a scope. But the scope isn't my problem. 

cac.png

THIS is my problem.

I'm using a scope to AIM, not make a shot more powerful. It's bull that waiting a half a second increases the damage of the shot. I don't want a more damaging shot! I want the same shot but with more accuracy. That's WHY I'm aiming. The fact that Deadbeards are two-shotting me while others are 5-shotting me because they're shooting faster? No. When I scope, yes, I can see there being a passive damage buff, but if I zoom in and see that I have 10 shots before I reload, then shoot less than 10 times and have to reload, now not only am I confused, but now I'm vulnerable when I shouldn't be because I'm reloading.

Also the automatic spike shots is a big no for me. Cactus is a sniper, you don't give your sniper an SMG. That being said, Deadbeard is still done amazingly, combining the shotgun with the sniper. I don't know why it works so well with him but it just does.

Message 1 of 2 (188 Views)

Re: Scoped aiming. Just... Why?

★★★★★ Guide

Cactus is one of my favs in GW2, I've not really played her yet in this game, and not at all in a PvP match, but I dislike how she looks now, and from your description of how she plays, I don't think I will like her much, or be good with her now.

In GW2, with so many variants, you can pick a character to suit YOUR play style and needs. I'm not that great with accuracy, So in GW2, I played as Bandit Cactus--who has rapid fire. You don't really use scope with the rapid fire. So that helped to balance her out. But it gives players a choice. With her, I was deadly, And could often top the kills on the leader board. The same with her dark onion attack which allowed for splash damage. 

But Popcap wants everyone to be a super shooter now in this game, except for Nightcap of course. 

Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)