Scientist WAY TO OVERPOWERED !

by Fac3L3zz

Original Post

Scientist WAY TO OVERPOWERED !

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey I just made this Account to tell you that the Zombie Scientist is way to overpowered.
In a 1v1 you always lose against him -.-
I thought the scientist is supposed to be a support character but instead i only see them at the top of the scoreboard with over 30 kills everytime.

I was playing as an Acorn today and i had 3 other Acorns on top of me, and we indeed lost a 4v1 against a Scientist hopping arround like a damn monkey..
They managed to heal me 2 times but we still lost this 4v1....
This is why i made this topic -.- enough is enough....

PLEASE NERF SCIENTIST !!!!  :X
AND MAKE HIM A SUPPORT AGAIN !!!

Message 1 of 26 (954 Views)

Re: Scientist WAY TO OVERPOWERED !

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Fac3L3zz3 all directional teleport that happens instantly combined with sprinting and bunnyhopping a dot weapon that can do over 80 damage that can melt even bosses in 2 and half clips plus self heal, its ridiculous that he was designed this way and that someone approved it.

Message 2 of 26 (917 Views)

★★ Guide
@Fac3L3zz Learn the way of the scientist and do what not to do so i'm saying strafe and don't be ok unless Super Sap trap or hit him 3 times with the ok main attack
Message 3 of 26 (903 Views)

★★ Pro
@Fac3L3zz And there's people who think this upgrade is balanced, and the only think that it needs to be balanced is to nerf his warps.

This upgrade is ridiculous.
Message 4 of 26 (882 Views)

★★★ Guide

Agree, Scientist is more of an offensive character, rather than supportive. Compared to Sunflower (which is too good at her job) he's does not fit that supportive role.

Message 5 of 26 (846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Do not nerf warp! It's going to nerf the character entirely. Instead, nerf the Steam Blaster damage by one or two damage every tick. Other than that, just have better aim..... If Scientist is close to you as Oak, it shouldn't be hard at all to hit him anyway because the projectile hitbox size of Oak's primary weapon is bigger than Peashooter's primary weapon. Not only that, the projectiles at that range don't have slowdown, so it should be even easier to land shots at close range.

Message 6 of 26 (843 Views)

I think so too. Please weaken Steam Blaster, not Warp.

Message 7 of 26 (822 Views)

★★ Guide

Scientists are not op because of the instant warps, they're op because of the steam blaster dealing almost 50 damange every second. Nerfing just the warps would make the normal scientist mediocre and the steam blaster scientist would still be op. 

The fact that you can overlap the steam cloud make this weapon op, the damange could stay the same if you couldn't overlap the clouds to do twice the damange. Because of overlapping the SB and heal hose bug was op. 

I said it once and I'll say it twice: changing the warps would make the normal scientist mediocre and force them to rely on steam blaster to actually do something.

Message 8 of 26 (818 Views)

★ Guide

I do believe someone (forget their name) suggested giving steam blaster decent damage on the initial blast but reducing the lingering damage and I think that would be a good idea because it would make the weapon require better aiming as oppose to the current spray and pray usage. It would also reduce his ridiculous advantage over citron and passenger acorns.

Message 9 of 26 (763 Views)

Champion

This is what I think: Increase Steam Blaster’s direct damage but heavily nerf the steam’s damage, perhaps by about half. Make it so the Sticky Healy Thingy lasts longer, but reduce the healing per second. With the warps, reduce the cool down of each slightly but add a small delay to all warps.

Message 10 of 26 (720 Views)