Save failed Star wars battlefront 2004

by Shearock_YT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Save failed Star wars battlefront 2004

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded star wars battlefront 2004 off of EA desktop. when I open the game it works fine, but when I try saving it says save failed. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but I still get the same problem. Maybe there is a file missing where the game saves to. I would like some help with this, thanks!

Message 1 of 10 (1,862 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Save failed Star wars battlefront 2004

Community Manager

Hey @Shearock_YT as the original Battlefront is not an EA game then the amount of support we can offer is limited. 

The best thing I can recommend is that you ensure that the save file location had both read and write permissions. 

If you can share the full error message with us that would be great.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,820 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Shearock_YT as the original Battlefront is not an EA game then the amount of support we can offer is limited. 

The best thing I can recommend is that you ensure that the save file location had both read and write permissions. 

If you can share the full error message with us that would be great.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't  know where to find the save file.  I looked through the game file and couldn;t find it. That is why I am wondering if  the download is missing it's save file

'

Message 3 of 10 (1,782 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Shearock_YT the best thing to do is to ensure that the save location has read and write permissions which should be in your install folder under Game Data. If you open that file and there is a save folder try deleting it and staying the game again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,770 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Shearock_YT did you get this sorted?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I am actually having the same issue and it appears there is no save file in that location. I attached a snip of the files located in the game data folder.

Message 6 of 10 (1,525 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BathaDroid for issues with non-EA games you would need to speak with the game publisher: https://www.lucasfilm.com/what-we-do/games/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 10 (1,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worked for me with the same issue! I had reinstalled the game on to my G drive instead of C drive.
Thanks!

Message 8 of 10 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is late but I just downloaded the game and had the same problem, and fixed it!

The issue was in the properties of the Game Data folder (windows 10). I selected properties, then security, then checked the Full Control box for all of the users listed. 
Now I have a working save file Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (924 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to hear you were able to get that fixed up @kwroondawg173!

That said, this thread is a bit older and will be locked here to avoid additional necroposting, thanks! 

Mako.png
Message 10 of 10 (912 Views)