Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Salvaging takes much more time since the update

by AI_AB_AI

Original Post

Re: Salvaging takes much more time since the update

Community Manager
Hey all,

Salvaging issues are being looked into right now, I'll update you once I get more information to share.
-EA_Cade
Message 11 of 16 (128 Views)

★★★ Guide

Is it just me or have the AHQ been invaded by trolls? almost every thread I have read since I've logged in have had trolls in them 🤨

Maybe it's time to do some spring cleaning, admins? 🤭

Message 12 of 16 (126 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Salvaging is definitely longer. A grind became even more of a grind
Message 13 of 16 (89 Views)

Champion

@Sku110ne wrote:
Salvaging is definitely longer. A grind became even more of a grind

While I noticed hardly any difference my friend complained about salvaging taking much longer before he found the new one-click method.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 14 of 16 (85 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think it has to do with the auto-sort that was added.  Now it sorts for rarity. Legendary on top, (if you're lucky) MW, Epic..... so on.  I find that when cleaning out 50 loot from a freeplay event, it seems to salvage slower on the Higher rarity items, and then speeds up when you get too the purple and blues.  It seems that way for me after a few runs last night.

Overall, I don't find it that much slower.  

Message 15 of 16 (69 Views)

★ Apprentice

They probably slowed it down to help stabilize the server. Normally in games like this creating items and deleting them creates writes to the database. And when there are thousands or millions of players, each trying to deleting tens or hundreds of items at once it can create problems. It’s possible that is also the reason they placed embers in some of the award chests. Because increasing and decreasing the player’s number value for an ember isn’t as intensive on the server, than if they had to delete an item they didn’t want. The item would have to be created in the database, then deleted from the database, and the ember value written to the database. If the player found the item to be non-satisfactory.

Message 16 of 16 (58 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help