Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sadly I think im about done with anthem....

by DoomsDay001

Original Post

Re: Sadly I think im about done with anthem....

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I always laugh at people pretending "it professionals" means anything. the people who answer phones for any company can claim to be "it professionals" and I have seen it FAR too many times for it not to be funny.

2 of you making the claim with 0 configuration details (none asked, none given), I pity whoever you work for.

Message 11 of 23 (215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@TROUBLEWITHTOIL wrote:

I always laugh at people pretending "it professionals" means anything. the people who answer phones for any company can claim to be "it professionals" and I have seen it FAR too many times for it not to be funny.

2 of you making the claim with 0 configuration details (none asked, none given), I pity whoever you work for.

Relax... just acknowledging a fellow IT guy. Besides that title is a bit of an umbrella term for me. It’s not actually my title but a lot of friends and family call me IT because they can never remember what I actually do. Close enough for me.

Just means we’re no strangers to troubleshooting.

Message 12 of 23 (199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im not interviewing for a job here, there is no need for me to go through my work history at microsoft supporting dos,windows,wfw,win95, winnt. Nor do I need to go into my job for the lst 20 years at my current employment where I have not only been local/IT that supported over 4k machines by myself for many years but also hardware maint for our workstations and now doing scripting work for our entire company for 50k+ workstations. You pity whoever I work for? LOL.Oh well, At least I did get a laugh out of this.

As it turns out, the mentioning of turbo mode in the bios did have me wondering. Its been 15+ years since I had an amd type machine as I've been strictly intel up to this rig and my server rig playing around with amd (I think my last non intel rig was around my tribes 1 days). It is looking promising for my changing that setting. I have been in and played 3 strongholds and about 30 minutes in freeplay and didnt get dropped once.So the question is, what poor coding on anthems part requires turning off things in your bios when no other game requires it. The performance hit was minor in fps. So other, IT Professional, You get a gold star for actually contributing! Standard smile Noticed how he at least picked up on me running an amd? You seemed to miss that yet you pity our employers? lol.yep, still funny.

Message 13 of 23 (190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Nice! Standard smile

Message 14 of 23 (177 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also will point out, he was correct in that I did not give out my specs. That was because I actually was not looking for help, I was done with the game in this buggy state, If it wasnt for Spiritual-Zombie being so inquisitive, I would not still play anthem. He actually saved a player from quitting! By the time of this thread, I felt I had put way to much time into troubleshooting this issue and felt I had been very thorough in my troubleshooting and attempts at finding the issue. I will admit changing things in the bios to fix a game issue did not cross my mind. In fact I was certain this was a sound related issue, which still could be possible. Frankly, EA should give Spiritual-Zombie some compensation for saving a player. I am glad that I dont (hopefully) have to give up on anthem as I really do love the game. 

Message 15 of 23 (153 Views)

★ Pro

Awesome news and glad that  @Spiritual-Zombie was able to help.

Always nice to have a little sunshine on these forums. Large smile

Message 16 of 23 (145 Views)

★★ Guide

@DoomsDay001 wrote:

And its actually extremely sad because I love the gameplay. I just cant take any more of these bugs! Having the game just completely exit out of memory while playing has gotten to ludicrous levels! I have not had a play session that I didnt get dropped to the desktop MULTIPLE times. Ive had it kick me out of missions 5 times in one mission. I can not tell you how many times I have been dropped within SECONDS of completing a mission and guess what, no credit for doing it. This last time, I just finished heart of rage, we already beat the monitor, just waiting for the countdown to start, bam, im sitting at the desktop. I didnt even get completion for doing the stronghold. This happens ALL THE TIME! Im fed up with these bugs that are not getting fixed. I just want to play the game, I shouldnt have to fight with the game just to be able to play it. Im really starting to wonder if this isnt your way of trying to pad your play numbers, oh look how much our people love to play. Its because we got to repeat everything a dozen times just to get credit for it once! This used to happen about once a week or two, but since the wonderful sunken patch, Im amazed anyone is able to stay online long enough to complete anything in this game anymore.  Why is this crap not being fixed? 

its aka a crash -_-

you need stable pc for anthem

I advice just set everything to default  

anthem is like a high heel 

its beauty . but every step is lay feet on is pain . and make sure a path is clear .

ceer

Message 17 of 23 (125 Views)

★★ Guide

@DoomsDay001   yea, cause the turbo setting has NEVER caused any issues in the past.. despite even I who am no "it professional" knowing it caused issues atleast as far back as the phenom series. if you were looking at the page file one would have probably thought first to consider what kind of storage device the game was on (hd/ssd/m.2?) and looked at the drivers for that. 

hooray for 10 year old solutions though I guess. im also kind of scoffing at any "it professional" using an amd based system in the first place.

Message 18 of 23 (115 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Really? So now your going to attack someone for owning an amd system which btw, can cost HALF if not more than half an Intel system with the same performance. Dont understand the pettiness your displaying but just goes to show how trolls like to troll. As I stated, this was my first amd system in over 15+ years, actually closer to around 20 but go ahead, Im sure you can find something else to be petty and bitter about.

Message 19 of 23 (100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Pros have all kinds of hardware. AMD, Intel. It’s all legit and I enjoy having experience with all of it. I always used AMD before my most recent build and only changed to Intel to try something different.

And yeah I could tell OP was on his way out and had already put in the time troubleshooting. 

I’m choosing to ignore the unnecessary pettiness. People should be nicer. I’m just really glad it’s working (hopefully continues to work).

BioWare should be aware of this. Something as simple as Boost enabled in BIOS causing repeated crashes, when other games handle it just fine. That could cause a ton of problems, turn away a lot of players. 

Message 20 of 23 (29 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help