Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sadly I think im about done with anthem....

by DoomsDay001

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sadly I think im about done with anthem....

★★★★ Novice

And its actually extremely sad because I love the gameplay. I just cant take any more of these bugs! Having the game just completely exit out of memory while playing has gotten to ludicrous levels! I have not had a play session that I didnt get dropped to the desktop MULTIPLE times. Ive had it kick me out of missions 5 times in one mission. I can not tell you how many times I have been dropped within SECONDS of completing a mission and guess what, no credit for doing it. This last time, I just finished heart of rage, we already beat the monitor, just waiting for the countdown to start, bam, im sitting at the desktop. I didnt even get completion for doing the stronghold. This happens ALL THE TIME! Im fed up with these bugs that are not getting fixed. I just want to play the game, I shouldnt have to fight with the game just to be able to play it. Im really starting to wonder if this isnt your way of trying to pad your play numbers, oh look how much our people love to play. Its because we got to repeat everything a dozen times just to get credit for it once! This used to happen about once a week or two, but since the wonderful sunken patch, Im amazed anyone is able to stay online long enough to complete anything in this game anymore.  Why is this crap not being fixed? 

Message 1 of 23 (598 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sadly I think im about done with anthem....

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

IT Professional here too, and absolutely agree this is a prob on Anthem side... It’s something in their code they aren’t accounting for.

Sounds like you’ve tried everything. I saw someone else post regarding their AMD 2600X processor that they went into the BIOS and turned off Boost for the CPU and it cleared up their crash to desktop issue. They tested and said with it on, they crash to desktop every few mins, but off, no issues. They also said turning off boost lost them about 3-4 FPS but nothing noticeable.

the only other thing I can think is, have you tried playing on a lower resolution with low graphic settings— A really lightweight setting just to see if it’s some kind of performance issue where Anthem is topping out at a certain point and crashing? 

whatever it is, it’s definitely on Anthem, but these kind of issues bring out the troubleshooter in me. It’s often a matter of figuring out what it is about your particular setup that might be different from other people not having this issue... and honestly after everything you listed, I can’t imagine what that would be.

Dammit, BioWare, here’s someone who wants to play and can’t. I wish they would nail down the stability issues.

View in thread

Message 10 of 23 (308 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I check her hoping for a glimmer or a reason to even log in,  sadly day by day they give us nothing, and that roadmap.....damn, save some face and issue a refund, throw it back into development hard and relaunch with your ducks in a row

Message 2 of 23 (566 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I dont want a refund,I really love the gameplay, I think the game itself is fine. Again though, I cant sit here and fight with the drop to desktop bs that it has become, with no mention of fixes or even showing up in their bugs. Im not the only one that has this issue, I see youtubers that love the game also get dropped to desktop while playing so I know its happening to others. Night after night after night, mission after mission after mission of the game just quitting and causing me loss of time, when I already have limited time to play, is just infuriating.
Message 3 of 23 (544 Views)

★★ Guide

I saw on Reddit some people saying that enabling page file in Windows (even if you have plenty of ram) fixed the crash to desktop for some people. Apparently this helped some people with the Battlefield series also and may be related to the Frostbite engine.

Anyway, might be worth a shot.

Message 4 of 23 (449 Views)

★★ Guide

took you long enough.. good for you though, theres plenty of games out there that are actually worth the money.

Message 5 of 23 (437 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I actually use a page file. Ive tried with, without, lots of different settings and so far nothing fixes it. 

Message 6 of 23 (419 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@DoomsDay001 

I haven't had any significant issue with bugs or glitches recently. I have experienced disconnects and pilot data errors several times to date, but the frequency is something like 1 or 2 per day when playing for somewhere around 4 hours. 

I feel your issues *would* be serious, but it seems like you're exaggerating or have issues that are specific to you. You might examine your hardware/software setup or try a fresh install. 

Regardless of whether or not you're exaggerating, you can't possibly believe that the bugs and glitches won't be fixed eventually. If it's that frustrating, take a break. 

I felt that the level of bugs and glitches were horrible at launch, but I kept playing and they have gradually diminished to the point that they almost don't affect gameplay at all. It's still frustrating, yes. We all want any game we play to be *perfect*, but it's not realistic to expect things to get fixed yesterday. 

Message 7 of 23 (403 Views)

★★ Guide

@DoomsDay001 wrote:

Thanks, I actually use a page file. Ive tried with, without, lots of different settings and so far nothing fixes it. 

Aw man that’s too bad. I hoped the page file thing would do the trick. The only other thing I can think of would be if you were overclocking your memory or GPU or any other overclocks going on? Also, are you running on the latest system updates on Windows 10?  Anyway, if you can’t play the game I can certainly understand feeling done with it.

Message 8 of 23 (379 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is zero exaggeration, I have been an IT Professional for over 20+ years. This isnt my hardware specific issue. It is totally possible that it could be say, an amd issue or it could be a gpu issue or sound issue but not on the hardware side but on their programming side. Prior to the sunken patch, I used to get pilot data errors ALL the time. Im talking like 8 times just trying to get into a single mission when trying to get in with a friend. This was after they patched stating they fixed the majority of pilot data errors (which prior to that, I got them about once or twice a play session)Since the sunken patch, I rarely get pilot data errors, they still occur but are about 1 or 2 a week. The game dropping out of memory used to be (meaning the first month it was out) a very rare occurrence also happening about once or twice a week.

Now though, its an insane level. My most times dropped in a single mission is 5 times and I didnt even get credit for that mission as the people completed it while I was trying to get back in. This happens constantly.  Mind you, none of my other games have this issue. In fact, none of them have ever just dropped out of memory while playing, this has been pretty specific to anthem alone. I have upgraded all drivers, downgraded all drivers, mixed and matched all drivers,clean boot,  repair install, clean install, nothing has fixed it. Ive tried different sound settings, different gpu settings, no overclocking going on, on anything. Sadly, this is a specific anthem related issue. 

Message 9 of 23 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

IT Professional here too, and absolutely agree this is a prob on Anthem side... It’s something in their code they aren’t accounting for.

Sounds like you’ve tried everything. I saw someone else post regarding their AMD 2600X processor that they went into the BIOS and turned off Boost for the CPU and it cleared up their crash to desktop issue. They tested and said with it on, they crash to desktop every few mins, but off, no issues. They also said turning off boost lost them about 3-4 FPS but nothing noticeable.

the only other thing I can think is, have you tried playing on a lower resolution with low graphic settings— A really lightweight setting just to see if it’s some kind of performance issue where Anthem is topping out at a certain point and crashing? 

whatever it is, it’s definitely on Anthem, but these kind of issues bring out the troubleshooter in me. It’s often a matter of figuring out what it is about your particular setup that might be different from other people not having this issue... and honestly after everything you listed, I can’t imagine what that would be.

Dammit, BioWare, here’s someone who wants to play and can’t. I wish they would nail down the stability issues.

Message 10 of 23 (309 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help