SWTOR subscription on Steam question

by Win32KernelFile

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SWTOR subscription on Steam question

★ Guide

If I buy a recurring sub on Steam with my steam wallet money and then quickly after ı cancel, will my subscription stay active regardless? Pre paid time card option a bit out of my wallet currently thats why I'm asking this,

for example: EA Play on Steam does this, if I buy it for a month and then cancel it , it stays active until end of the month without further charge, so is it same thing here too?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4 (1,151 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SWTOR subscription on Steam question

Community Manager

Hi @Win32KernelFile 

Regardless of whats used to pay for the time through steam (wallet or CC) the time you pay for you will have access to.

If you stop the subscription, once the time runs out you will need to pay for more but you will keep the time you already paid for.

If you have issues in-game with it showing you as a subscriber you will want to check out our help article here: SW:TOR on Steam

You can also see this highlighted under Steams refund policy, under the renewable subscription section:

Please note that you can cancel an active subscription at any time by going to your account details. Once cancelled, your subscription will no longer automatically renew but you will retain access to the content and benefits of the subscription through the end of your current billing cycle.

Hope this helps!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,095 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@Win32KernelFile Once you purchase time from steam you will have that time to use till more is needed.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (1,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_IlliumThat is also valid for credit card subscription time purchases as well? (I will purchase a card subscription with my steam wallet money and not with a visa card, I take it thats possible with enough money in the wallet, my only concern is that my sub will stay active even with right after cancel via steam subscription panel)?

I'd like to stress that I will not be buying one time game time (prepaid) , ı will be buying a recurring sub with steam wallet money which usually bought with credit card, thats why I'm asking this and checking double,

Thanks for understanding and looking forward for your reply so I can buy it without concerns.

Message 3 of 4 (1,110 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Win32KernelFile 

Regardless of whats used to pay for the time through steam (wallet or CC) the time you pay for you will have access to.

If you stop the subscription, once the time runs out you will need to pay for more but you will keep the time you already paid for.

If you have issues in-game with it showing you as a subscriber you will want to check out our help article here: SW:TOR on Steam

You can also see this highlighted under Steams refund policy, under the renewable subscription section:

Please note that you can cancel an active subscription at any time by going to your account details. Once cancelled, your subscription will no longer automatically renew but you will retain access to the content and benefits of the subscription through the end of your current billing cycle.

Hope this helps!

Illium.png

Message 4 of 4 (1,096 Views)