SUGGESTION: star/review system for each game

by ginthecat2

Original Post

SUGGESTION: star/review system for each game

★★★★★ Novice

Other game launchers, eg. Steam, GOG, have store/community pages for each game. We can give a 5 star rating and write a review.

Am wondering whether Origin/EA will do something similar in near future? I like to read positive/negative reviews of other customers and also write my own.

Message 1 of 3 (283 Views)

Re: SUGGESTION: star/review system for each game

@ginthecat2  well, not a bad suggestion. But we know that the review system can be easily abused. We've seen it time and time again.

I've seen the system abused by the russians and chinese because they were unhappy with the lack of game language localisations. We've seen it abused by people that just wanted to harm a small dev that did not complied with their requests. 

When it works, yes, it can be a wonderful tool. But in our days, it lost its relevance due to the trolls and the abusers.

Lots of people seem to not understand the fact that a localisation costs a lot of money. Others can't think of why a dev won't comply with their requests (and reasons can be many, especially with small devs: money, workforce, time and so on). And all of them just go and bash a game because of their perceived faults in the game (most of the time, those reviews have nothing to do with the actual game)

As a recent example, i've seen how Agents of Mayhem (a game developed by the Saints Row devs) was put into the ground because two reasons, completely unrelated with the actual game: the lack of certain localisations and the fact that it wasn't a new Saints Row game...I can understand to point to the actual game faults, but localisations are not mandatory and the fact that people wanted another game isn't a valid complaint.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 3 (267 Views)

Re: SUGGESTION: star/review system for each game

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @ginthecat2

A system like this is definitely on our radar.

We understand the importance of reviews for the products you're browsing during your shopping experience. It's not a good experience having to read reviews elsewhere.

If we do release this feature in the future then we'll most likely highlight it in an Origin Spotlight. So I would recommend subscribing to this thread to stay updated:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Origin-Spotlight-Archive/td-p/5765083

Cheers,

Message 3 of 3 (206 Views)