STORMPOINT

by pridz_ample

Original Post

STORMPOINT

★★★ Newbie

Can we talk about why a ranked map is in rotation for pubs??? First off everybody hates STORMPOINT for pubs. I watch over 20 of the biggest streamers and no one likes it. That includes a whole clan that I am in and all of my friends. Nobody wants to play STORMPOINT for pubs. You can’t kill grind. It’s too open and there needs to be at least 100 teams that drop. The map is too big. Please take it out of rotation for pubs if it’s the ranked map. It’s a great ranked map. Keep it for ranked please. Or make changes to it. Because, again, nobody likes it. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 17 (519 Views)

Re: STORMPOINT

★★ Expert
@pridz_ample Well, your absolutism is clearly wrong as at least I like the map, and I know others that do to.

Oh no, you can't just hot drop fragment and kill foolish new players that listen to streamers say to drop there to get good, so the streamers can farm them for easy kills, oh no.

Oh no, you have to pay attention to the ring, and maybe actually use, the horror, survey beacons, so you can plan your rotations. Shame!

If you want to kill grind, Arenas is over there. Guaranteed fights every round.
Message 2 of 17 (491 Views)

Champion
@Kyldenar I like Storm Point, as well. Different strokes for different folks. Definitely not my favorite map, but at least it's not Olympus, Lmao!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 3 of 17 (482 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

While SP is my least favorite map, I don't mind it as long as the map rotation between the maps is just 1 hour. Now hoping for all 4 maps in the rotation next season. It's gonna be WE (again) on the chopping board if we're gonna be forced to just 3 maps.

Message 4 of 17 (476 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man Wasn't WE not in rotation last season? Surely it would be olympus or SP next season?

Or how about all maps on rotation 30 and 45 minutes at a time instead of 60 and 90 minutes.
Message 5 of 17 (470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hayhorIt was not in rotation. For sure not Olympus since we’re getting a new POI in a week. SP just got that monster POI and new maps don’t get removed from rotation for a whole year from their release date. WE and Olympus were only removed from rotation on the holiday season when the new map was introduced which will be season 15.

Message 6 of 17 (459 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man Well dang, some of my favorite POI's are on WE (Lava Fissure & Thermal Station)

@hayhor 30 min all around, has my vote

Message 7 of 17 (448 Views)

Champion
@dSKyNafinchin I think they'd have to vary 30 and 45 minutes or the same maps would be the same time every day. I expect this is why the current rotation does 1.5 hrs randomly.
Message 8 of 17 (437 Views)

Champion
@hayhor Forgot about that. Good call!

Message 9 of 17 (434 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Kyldenar LMAO
Message 10 of 17 (403 Views)