SPOILERS** (Coming Soon) Changes to Existing Cards

by jaydabbler

Original Post

Re: SPOILERS** (Coming Soon) Changes to Existing Cards

Champion (Retired)

Compared to the last set of card changes, these ones seem to make more sense.

Message 11 of 36 (1,084 Views)

★★ Pro
Agreed.

As I keep looking at the list, I'm kinda happy that Abracadaver got a health boost. Now he's worth putting in a crazy deck other than specific to him or the ability since he won't die from a Deadbeard explosion. Some still don't understand why. It's almost as if some of the devs have their "baby" and don't know why it's not seen as nearly as cool as they think so they have to buff them to get some play? I dunno....like, I get why mime garg is getting 5/7 from 5/5 considering that supernova garg is same cost and 5/7, but what about the rest of the mime ability? I want to make the megagrow hero with repeat moss sit there and wonder what he should do....especially since the card states that's what he does....
And although I am probably in the minority for this one, but QuickDraw dropping to 1/3, but the zombot drone engineer gets a boost to 4 health....and is an uncommon....what is the point of having a great superrare or legendary if it has to get chumped. You know a way to solve that gripe? Give plants a creature card that has ability same as QuickDraw. Plants would shut the hell up right fast, because the smart ones at least lnow the ramifications of that. And that dog that conjures gravestones if he hurts plant hero also goes from 2/3 to 2/4? Must be another of those favourite of devs....

Oh and gatling pea is 4/5 now, so I assume that means 5/5? Which makes sense if you look at the others
Speaking of buffing some other legendary....what about giving valkrie a point or two attack, so when interdimensional zombie morphs into her, he doesn't just become a wallnut without teamup....
Message 12 of 36 (1,070 Views)

★ Pro

Sadly this confirm that Zombot Aerostatic Gondola was a typing error. The writer was inspired that day, and excited us with that description.

Message 13 of 36 (1,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well lets put my two cents to this. I am main zombie player btw.

LIKE: 

Plants:

Twin Sunflower (Buff) = Cool finally it's not instant dead if played too risky

Mirror Nut (Buff) = cool

Zombies:

Shieldcrusher Viking (Buff) I love this guy don't know if that's gonna help him that much (7/5)

Abracadaver (Buff) = Finally, playable

Yeti Lunchbox (Buff) = Pets new meta

Leftovers (Buff) = Pets new meta

Garagantua Mime (Buff) =  5/7 Ok, but what about his ability? Will it be triggered if plants doing bonus attacks? 

Gargantua Throwing Imp (Buff) = Random Garg that cost 5 really cool!

Escape Through Time (Nerf) = deserved

Quickdraw Conman (Nerf) = deserved

Stompadon (Nerf) = deserved

Jurassic Fossilhead (Nerf) = deserved

HUGE Dislike:

Plants

Sunflower Seed (Nerf) = Really? It was dying in 90% of the case anyway after played

Snow Magic Beans (Nerf) = No card draw? That's really really bad.

Lily of the Valley (Nerf) = Sorry guys a 1/2??? The 1/3 is vital for that card to not getting killed instantly by cannon fodder zombies or low-cost tricks.

This card becomes unplayable if the nerf will be in place.

Zombies

Medulla Nebula (Nerf) = Can be completely recycled now. 3 Cost and 2 Back. Nope!

Leprechaun Imp (Nerf) = You could have either increased the costs to two. Or give me my sparks back (8000). 

The Rest

I don't care!

Food for thoughts:

Nerf Zom Blob? 

Nerf going Viral?

Maybe a good plant event? 

I think the Zombies will still kick as after this update as there are not many buffs for plants. The nerf of the Lilly is the worst thing here imo. It will be an issue for lots of plant decks. The nerfs and buffs on the zombie side will lead to very strong pet decks and the going viral and zomb blob combos will still be frequently played.  I hope the devs tested there buffs and nerfs sufficiently. 

Message 14 of 36 (1,037 Views)

★★ Pro
Probably tested as "efficiently" as they were beforehand last time round...

And I suppose that twin sunflower is technically a buff, because last time they dropped health from 0/2 to 0/1, but they also made it cost one less sun. So now it's just one less sun and once again 0/2.
And zomblob did get a nerf, in the form of medulla nebula
Message 15 of 36 (1,004 Views)

★★ Pro
I had to back check after reading Daves post, I never saw the garg throwing imp change. I'm not happy about this. Smashing and Supernova are the only two possible that have frenzy, and I won't lie, Supernova would be nice but he doesn't make the rest of the gargs have frenzy, and I would think a crazy garg deck would have use for frenzy....
Message 16 of 36 (994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@patdk75 Yes I said that sunflower got a buff and that's good but nothing special. I wanted to say regarding zomblob that they should have nerfed him and not the medula nebula. It is still just an environment and received now two nerfs. It can be countered quite easily with e.g the sunflower environment. Three cost with two additional brains if a zombie is played makes it just useless imo. Just a one brain zombie will give you an extra brain. The max you receive is three brains with the egg zombie. But I don't think that many other decks play him beside the zom blob deck.

Message 17 of 36 (990 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I agree with you @Dave058182, they should have left the Medulla as it was. I used to play it before, when the Galactic Gardens just came up, and it was pretty good. It was like you invested some brains to get more in the future, which is like the main idea behind the Brain class (Just like the Solar class, that spends suns to play their sun-generator cards).

When they nerfed it at 3 brains it was still ok. It wasn't as great as before (obviously), but it was still playable. The only thing is that it was harder to get big zombies early on if you didn't include something like the Brain Vendor, but at least you could play a "free" zombie with the brains gained from the Medulla.

But now? Like you said, most of the time you are only going to get 1 extra brain, which is really bad. (Like, REALLY bad). I mean, just play Cryo-Brain. Same thing. (Except that costs 1 less and the buff is permanent.)

Message 18 of 36 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

[Do not attempt to bypass the swear filter - CM]

https://www.reddit.com/r/PvZHeroes/comments/7ifve6/spoilers_another_change_to_one_existing_card/

major update to untrickable, noted at the bottom of the post

Message 19 of 36 (950 Views)

★★ Guide

And con man no longer bullseye.. That was needed, for such an early played card.

Message 20 of 36 (946 Views)