SMURFS: EA/Respawn, Please reply to this

by Nandor78

Original Post

SMURFS: EA/Respawn, Please reply to this

★★★★★ Apprentice

Could you please answer the following:

1. What is the challenge with finding smurfs?

Minding all the player data and statistics that you have. it should be easy to find players that stand out from others in certain ranks.

2. Why can't you move players to where they belong, faster?

With the data you have, you could easily give players with continuous outstanding statistics, much more RP, to faster place them where they belong.

3. Do you think that it's okay with all the smurfs, bullying other low ranked players?

If you can't answer this in a way that makes sense, I will take it as you want smurfs in Apex, and that you make money from them.

It's obviously okay that you want to make money from the game, you can't be doing charity, but are the smurfs that profitable?

Since you are so active with all kinds of political "victim campaigns", why don't you help the "victims" in your game?
It would be much easier for you....

Message 1 of 10 (468 Views)

Re: SMURFS: EA/Respawn, Please reply to this

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Nandor78
1. What is the challenge with finding smurfs?
Often "Smurfs" can just be people that come from a different fps

2. Why can't you move players to where they belong, faster?
If that where the case they would throw games to ensure their performance is not continuous outstanding

3. Do you think that it's okay with all the smurfs, bullying other low ranked players?
I would guess they are not okay with that, because it mostlikely will actually lose them players...but its not as easy to stop as people think, Smurfs existed allways in every game. Valve had an interesting approch to fight cheating and smurfing because you had to link your mobilphone to your account. and guess what it didnt do that much

The only solution to slow it down by a big chunk would be to allow just 1 account per HWID, there are workarrounds for that but many wouldnt go through that struggle to smurf

Message 2 of 10 (458 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your input.

It's just very frustrating, and I get the feeling that it's getting worse.

Take my last game tonight for example, where I was playing in silver rank and get matched with the below guy.

How did he/she end up in a ranked game with my silver squad in the first place?
What I mean is that it can't be very hard to figure out that this guy never should be matched with any players in bronze-gold.

For me, this is proper failure in matchmaking, period!

TriHard7 lame smurf

Message 3 of 10 (404 Views)

★★★ Pro

Yes, this is the typical Apex matchmaking, nothing new here. For smurfs, I think any account should be required to be at least level 200 to enter ranked matches. 

Message 4 of 10 (398 Views)

Champion
@Nandor78 That's a guy who didn't play ranked for a season or two and the game relegated them all the way back. It isn't good.
Message 5 of 10 (392 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Nandor78 Demotions stack, so if you don't play ranked for like a season you get demoted all the way down. Sadly Respawn hasn't addressed this ever, and it will remain that way probably.
Message 6 of 10 (370 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Nandor78Yeah it's not just Ranked either, I almost never play ranked, as I don't think I'm near good enough, to get into higher tier lobbies.

I've come across multiple people with Masters badges & the Occasional Pred, in PUBLIC lobbies. & guess what I'm instantaneously demolished by them.

IDK what's wrong with the matchmaking, but someone like me who has been playing since Season 0, & has only ever been Bronze 3 in BR, and Silver 2 in Arenas, should NEVER come across a Masters player or Pred.

It has never made much sense to me either... I feel your pain.

@hayhor  Yeah I've never understood this either because once you are at a Pred, or Masters Rank, your skill doesn't just magically disappear with time off from a couple seasons, sure you would probably be a bit rusty for a couple matches, but then you get right back in your groove.

Message 7 of 10 (364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@AcidicSoda44031Any increase to min level requirement would be good. I've recently gotten absolutely destroyed in bronze lobbies by lots (not just a couple) of players that have no business being there at this point in the season.

Message 8 of 10 (329 Views)

★ Expert

They should restrict 2 accounts per IP, no one needs more than two accounts, maybe 3 at the most?

Smurfs are rampant now, I even see them in P1 carrying teammates/friends.

Message 9 of 10 (317 Views)

★ Guide
@Nandor78 "For me, this is proper failure in matchmaking, period!"

Because you don't understand the matchmaking system, you think its a proper failure. I can guarantee you had better matches in the last 10 or so games you played than this guy that killed you. Everybody that plays this game knows that 20kill 4k badgers just drop like braindead and die instantly 10 times in row or even more till they get one good game and by dying so often the MM system thinks he is doing bad so lets move him 1 bracket lower till he gets a good game and brings him back on top again. idk why you guys complain so much about MM almost like its only you lower skill levels who are getting destroyed. Id wish I can bring you to my 3.9 k/d lobbies where I play only solo and then you see how bad it can really become when you go against 3stacks of preds and masters every game.
Message 10 of 10 (308 Views)