SIMS 4 NOT STARTING, NO MODS INSTALLED, DRIVERS UP TO DATE!

by Megamatthew75

Original Post

Re: SIMS 4 NOT STARTING, NO MODS INSTALLED, DRIVERS UP TO DATE!

★★★ Novice

I tried everything you said and still no luck. Whenever I go into origin and click play on sims, the tab closes and reopens like always.

Message 11 of 21 (394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me to ever sense yesterday as well. And sense I bought the game on steam it made me download origin as well. Once I did that I was able to play the game for 2 days then when I tried to start it a few days later from steam It didn't start the game and opened and reopened origin like your problem. I then updated all my drivers that were able to be updated and still nothing. However I couldn't play The Sims 4 on steam I could play my other games on steam so I can conclude this is not steams bug but origins. I even went to limits of buying a dlc pack and installing it to see if that helps refunction the game to work properly. But it didn't...

So Plz someone fix this bug.

Message 12 of 21 (386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HOLY CRAP!!! Right after I finished my last reply the Sims 4 is WORKING!!!

Tell me if it works for you to maybe I can help

Message 13 of 21 (382 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @Sacred_Game_ing.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 14 of 21 (374 Views)

@Megamatthew75  Again, what antivirus program do you use?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 21 (363 Views)

★★★ Novice

I use malware bytes, but I turned the programs off and it still did not have any effect.

Message 16 of 21 (357 Views)

@Megamatthew75  Please try playing in the new user account again, but this time while doing a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

When you've rebooted, go through the Task Manager's background processes list and end any task that doesn't absolutely need to be running, for example any Corsair or Razer software.  Some programs, anything from MSI Afterburner to RGB software, don't get disabled in a clean boot, so it's necessary to manually quit them.

If that doesn't help, please run a new dxdiag.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 17 of 21 (350 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank You so much! The clean boot worked perfectly, and I am currently narrowing down my options. I will accept you solution in a bit, but only when I narrow down my list fully so someone who goes to this thread can see what to disable. THANK YOU FOR GETTING ME MY GAME BACK!!!

Message 18 of 21 (326 Views)

★★★ Novice

I FOUND THE SOLUTION! After performing a clean boot, I narrowed it down until I found that the problem was the service called "HitmanPro.Alert service" To fix your problem, go into MSconfig by typing it in the search bar (or just system configuration), then click on the services tab. Next, disable the service called the "HitmanPro.Alert service". I didn't need to disable any others, but if this doesn't work then I recommend disabling all hitman pro services. In my case though, and likely everyone else's, only this one is necessary to disable. If you are afraid of decreased antivirus protection, I don't think the alert service affects that. If you really want to be safe, then Malwarebytes will work for an antivirus as it didn't interfere with mine.

If all goes well, you should be able to play sims 4 again!!!! Standard smileHeart

Message 19 of 21 (864 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @Megamatthew75.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 20 of 21 (304 Views)