Re: SIMS 4 NOT STARTING, NO MODS INSTALLED, DRIVERS UP TO DATE!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 4 NOT STARTING, NO MODS INSTALLED, DRIVERS UP TO DATE!

★★★ Novice

I am unable to start Sims 4, as whenever I click on play inside Origin, the Origin tab closes and reopens, with nothing having happened. I have never downloaded any Sims mods, and my computer is telling me my graphics driver is up to date, along with the .exe check provided on minimum requirements page being perfect. I really would love to play sims again, and have not been able to for a year. It has been especially hard in quarantine without it.

Message 1 of 21 (676 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I FOUND THE SOLUTION! After performing a clean boot, I narrowed it down until I found that the problem was the service called "HitmanPro.Alert service" To fix your problem, go into MSconfig by typing it in the search bar (or just system configuration), then click on the services tab. Next, disable the service called the "HitmanPro.Alert service". I didn't need to disable any others, but if this doesn't work then I recommend disabling all hitman pro services. In my case though, and likely everyone else's, only this one is necessary to disable. If you are afraid of decreased antivirus protection, I don't think the alert service affects that. If you really want to be safe, then Malwarebytes will work for an antivirus as it didn't interfere with mine.

If all goes well, you should be able to play sims 4 again!!!! Standard smileHeart

View in thread

Message 19 of 21 (799 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Megamatthew75, let's start by grabbing a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Have you tried repairing the game, if not then can you open your My Game Library and right click on the game tile and select Repair.  This will check your installation files for any issues and fix any it finds.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 21 (647 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I ran a dxdiag on my ccomputer and the results I am seeing tell me my drivers are updated and that everything is fine, similar to the other tests I have ran. I also ran a check provided on an official EA website which told me if I have the minimum requirements for Sims 4, and I have both minimum and recommended. I've already repaired the game many times, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, manually updated my drivers just in case, and tried clearing my Origin cash as well, even uninstalling it (The hard way I'm told) by going through Roaming folders and such. I have been able to play Sims 4, and have a dlc to boot. I have no mods installed, and after one day I was unable to start the game at all, which was months ago. The problem is that when I go into Origin and click play on the sims, it closes the Origin tab, but a one second later it pops back up and the game hasn't started at all.

Message 3 of 21 (635 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Megamatthew75 can you share the DxDiag here so that I can take a look at it?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 21 (632 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will it show any personal info like my IP?

Message 5 of 21 (630 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Megamatthew75 there is no info in a DxDiag that you need to worry about. We ask people to share them all the time on AHQ as it allows us to take a look at your system.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 21 (622 Views)

★★★ Novice

Got it! 

Message 7 of 21 (620 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Megamatthew75, seeing a lot of errors there so the first thing to try is to go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

If the issue remains then can you set up a new Windows admin account and try the game there to see if you continue to see the same issue.

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 21 (618 Views)

★★★ Novice

I ran file checker and got the message telling me "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." Meaning there were no problems. I tried it afterwards and Sims 4 still won't work. Can you give instructions on how to use an admin account for the game?

Message 9 of 21 (594 Views)
Highlighted

@Megamatthew75  The idea is to create a new Windows admin user account on your computer and try to play in that.  When you create a new account, you can choose whether it has admin rights or not.  It's also best to make it a local account, as in, don't sync with Microsoft or any of your usual services.

If that doesn't help, try disabling Malwarebytes temporarily.  If that doesn't help either, try disabling your Razer and Corsair software.  You can do so through the Task Manager; if you accidentally shut down something critical, it'll restart itself the next time you reboot your computer.

If none of this makes a difference, please let me know what antivirus program you use.  I see Malwarebytes errors in the dxdiag, but some people only use the manual scanning feature and run an antivirus alongside it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 21 (589 Views)