SBMM has been aggressive since the update

by Axs5626Sxa5001

Original Post

SBMM has been aggressive since the update

★★★★ Pro

I have accepted that SBMM is a permanent fixture of modern day multiplayer games. I’m just wondering if it needs to be as aggressive as it’s been.

I’m a pretty good player (28k kills with Path) and I have done lots of research regarding SBMM across several accounts. I’ve noticed a severe increase in the SBMM since the Lost Treasure Event dropped.

For context, I recently learned that it takes about 30 games of getting little damage and no wins for the SBMM algorithm to drop a player into a weaker lobby. But I have now lost 63 consecutive games with no top 5’s and my lobbies are consistently comprised of about 35-40% Pred trails, 40-45% Diamond trails, and about 20-25% no trails. These lobbies are insanely tough. I have featured TWICE recently on SoarKobi’s stream.

Has there been any confirmation from devs if SBMM has been ramped up to promote safe lobbies for new/low tier players for the new event? I mean that actually would make sense; EA wants this group of the community to be buying the new skins; increasing SBMM algorithm would be a strategic way to achieve this. 

Any info from the devs or publishers on this?

Message 1 of 12 (627 Views)

Re: SBMM has been aggressive since the update

Just do what im doing bro. I was top 500 on ps4 last season and now im getting myself demoted all the way to bronze 4. Im stuck at the bottom of play 4 right now and these lobbys are childs play compared to pubs, just wait until the split ill be silver one i think! 

Message 2 of 12 (583 Views)

★★★★ Pro

More people are leaving Apex Legends for different titles. You will keep finding more and more hardcore players in your games.

Message 3 of 12 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same problem here dude.

my kd and winrate getting constantly lower.

lobbys are Much more sweaty. ~70% skytrails

and many famous player in my lobby for example backoffmyjankz, itempplays and tollis. Never had this before 

edit: im not complaining about sbmm!! But sweatyness is too aggressive ++

Message 4 of 12 (521 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SDS_JuggernautTV wrote:

Just do what im doing bro. I was top 500 on ps4 last season and now im getting myself demoted all the way to bronze 4. Im stuck at the bottom of play 4 right now and these lobbys are childs play compared to pubs, just wait until the split ill be silver one i think! 

You are a top 500 player that wants to play in silver lobby's because?????

You don't like resistance?

Why don't you just play PVE games and not ruin the games for the silver players?

Even if you get your badges this way. What are they worth?

I will never understand this behavior.

Message 5 of 12 (493 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@DaAceXD I don’t do it but I understand it. When you play a multiplayer game it use to be that you would play the WHOLE of the community. Players better than you and players worse that you.

What does that create?

Answer: An experience that is stressful SOMETIMES, but not all the time. And when you see your stats (win loss ratio, Kd, etc) you know it’s a representation of your skills against the whole community. As it stands now with SBMM, players only have one consistent experience— stressful lobbies. This goes for average players and extra hard for above average players.

I don’t care what people say, occasionally running into ultra competitive players is better than forcing all players to ALWAYS play in ultra competitive lobbies. We shouldn’t be sacrificing the experience of 2/3rd’s the community to make a safe space for lower skilled players.
Message 6 of 12 (457 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Axs5626Sxa5001 wrote:
@DaAceXDI don’t do it but I understand it. When you play a multiplayer game it use to be that you would play the WHOLE of the community. Players better than you and players worse that you.

What does that create?

Answer: An experience that is stressful SOMETIMES, but not all the time. And when you see your stats (win loss ratio, Kd, etc) you know it’s a representation of your skills against the whole community. As it stands now with SBMM, players only have one consistent experience— stressful lobbies. This goes for average players and extra hard for above average players.

I don’t care what people say, occasionally running into ultra competitive players is better than forcing all players to ALWAYS play in ultra competitive lobbies. We shouldn’t be sacrificing the experience of 2/3rd’s the community to make a safe space for lower skilled players.

I agree with you in Pubs,

But games where there is a ranked system forced players of the same level to play for as long as i can remember.

And dropping himself in bronze as predator just to kill the newest ( worst ) players this game has to offer has nothing to do with fighting the whole community.

I think smurfing and this kind of behavious is terrible for the game and the community.

Random more casual players should not be content food for the streamers and the pro's.

E-sports is considered a sport more and more often.

When you put a pro against a good amature its already slaughter.

Putting pro's that tryhard against the newest the sport has to offer is just being a bully.

E-sports is not different.

And the SBMM in pubs isn't that agressive tbh.

It also depends on the time and day you are playing.

If you play while everybody is at school and work, And only the tryhard apex farmers are playing.

You are going to have a bad time. ( Trust me i burst in tears when i play at 13:00 Big fat reality check that im not good at the game at all.)

When i play in the evening, I run in some more casual players.

The fact that SBMM doesn't match me against the people that don't know their slide button does not bother me that much.

And personaly i don't play pubs because i will fight worse players.

I prefere the Pub playstyle where people actualy run around in the world over camping a house worried about their RP.

I HATE the ranked playstyle.

Call it whatever you want. But sitting in houses my whole evening to increase a number called RP.

I daresay 90% of the people that play it, Hate it but they do it for the badge / cosmetic it offers.

Message 7 of 12 (413 Views)

I have definitely noticed sweatier lobbies over the last few weeks. A win now means you definitely earned it!

Message 8 of 12 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

why would any bad player even queue for normal games when they get much easier games in bronze/silver rank because every predator player is trying to find and abuse them. It also decreases content value to have bronzeV logo on topright in your youtube video so in ranked there probably is less of pub farmers for that reason too

Message 9 of 12 (331 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Bronze and silver are Filled with smurfs rofl.

Its a big problem tbh :P

Message 10 of 12 (317 Views)