SBMM and how to end it

by IlIlIIllIlIlIl

Original Post

Re: SBMM and how to end it

★★★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM I was experiencing lag in my games, so thought why not hitch a ride on a merry-go-round? :D
Message 71 of 83 (353 Views)

★★★ Pro
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl Please explain your understanding of SBMM and what it does. I'm getting my popcorn ready for this Standard smile
Message 72 of 83 (329 Views)

★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM if there were enough players we would have more master-pred games , diamonds would have their own games, plays, etc. there’s not enough players and preds are still getting 5 min que times , instead pred get to feed on golds, while the majority of the player base plays pubs and gets categorized better than they do in ranked 

Message 73 of 83 (327 Views)

★ Guide

@DankToliet sbmm puts you in easier lobbies if you lose and harder ones if you win, which is an idiotic system for public matches it’s actually infuriating to think about it. But I think it goes further than that, I think it also factors k/d so that no matter how many losses you get you will never see the lobbies right after bot lobbies , it is flaws and doesn’t work regardless, all of my games are sweaty and all nearly all have pred 

Message 74 of 83 (323 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl Not to sound patronising but read that paragraph again, slowly.
Message 75 of 83 (319 Views)

★ Guide

If you’re referring to pubs categorized better than ranked, yeah. That’s not how pubs should be, pubs should be everyone, not ranked . Ranked should never have preds in games with plats, and pubs should have everyone . @apostolateofDOOM 

Message 76 of 83 (293 Views)

★★★ Pro
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl I'll just leave this here for you, first result on Google btw. https://medium.com/@anthonydennis_24878/skill-based-matchmaking-a-guide-to-the-big-battle-royale-gam...

If you think matches are hard now in pubs, wait until they remove SBMM. As I said earlier, SBMM needs to be fixed not removed. Sure you're being matched up with similar skilled players in casual right now. Without it, you'll be matched against first time plebs and 10 squads of Aceu sweats.
Message 77 of 83 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DankToliet dude you’re making no sense. I’m literally already playing vs the pred squads, there’s literally hundreds of people in lower sbmm ranges (I’m not being generous by saying 1000’s based off how little people play ranked) why would opening sbmm make me go against more preds? Does that make any sense to you? I already am existing in their lobby, opening sbmm would mean less preds for everyone man. That is simple common sense, and if anybody on this god forsaken forum would look at the picture I posted it breaks down how little of the player base that is so instead of forcing them to be against me and people like me every game they would be more spread out

Message 78 of 83 (268 Views)

★ Guide

@DankToliet also, according to the link you posted, sbmm pairs low skill with low , mid with mid, high with high, we have predators fighting golds in ranked and pred and mid skill fused together in pubs, tell me what you are defending here?

Message 79 of 83 (255 Views)

★★★ Pro
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl The thing is, yourself and many others THINK they shouldn't be paired up with Diamonds and Predators in pubs. However your account statistics say otherwise. You don't have the slightest inkling of the algorithm that brought your squad against x squad. Without SBMM, there is NOTHING protecting you against playing people BETTER than yourself.

Why does seeing a red dive trail make you panic? You're already doubting yourself and accepted the loss before you even picked up a weapon.
Message 80 of 83 (210 Views)