SBMM and how to end it

by IlIlIIllIlIlIl

Original Post

Re: SBMM and how to end it

★★★★★ Expert
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl But you want preds in new players games?

You said it yourself that you get slaughtered and don't get chance to improve (which you can) so how do you think someone on their first day will feel and how do you think that will effect the game in the future.

You should have teammates to compete in higher lobbies in a team game otherwise you'll plateau where you currently are and I do have a point but you obviously don't get it.
Message 51 of 83 (377 Views)

★★★ Pro
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl It's confirmed. You have no idea what SBMM is and what it's supposed to do.

SBMM doesn't need removed, it needs fixed.

Message 52 of 83 (355 Views)

★★★ Pro
@apostolateofDOOM He doesn't have the slightest idea what SBMM does.
Message 53 of 83 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@apostolateofDOOM

Like many people who are against SBMM have suggested, there SHOULD be SBMM for new players up to a certain point. New players definitely need a space to learn the game.

But after that— random populated lobbies would benefit the bulk of the community.

Why?
Because random lobbies result in an OVERALL experience that is consistently less grueling. Sometimes you will play players of higher skill and sometimes you will play players of less skill (unless you occupy the very very bottom of the skill pool).

At the end of the day this isn’t about maximizing the enjoyment of everyone. Its a marketing strategy to make the overall experience easier for low skilled players. Why? Because if they are winning matches they will be more prone to spend their money.

Message 54 of 83 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM did you not see the picture posted in my first post? why do you force people to hold your hand thru arguments?

if youre going to constantly gate keep ideas and argue everything on the forum with the idea in your head that youre already right, you should at least not make people repeat themselves and points that have already been made, imagine me having to explain something to you that ive explained 90 times over on this same post 

unless the playerbase has dwindled down far more than i have suspected, you would rarely see preds in your game with no sbmm as opposed to me seeing them nearly every game because i dont play like a bot

Message 55 of 83 (330 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DankTolietI definitely agree it needs some work. 

@IlIlIIllIlIlIl  I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. Maybe YOU are the one that thinks you're right and others see my reasoning and are more inclined to agree? If they disagree with anything I have said, including yourself, then I'm happy to discuss any points made and without any of the condescending attitude or immature personal attacks you like to give everyone that disagrees with you.

@Axs5626Sxa5001I have made this case before actually and I think an opt in/out feature would be a great solution.

I personally see the current system as a design feature that helps the player improve and get them up to the higher lobbies faster. This obviously has a negative effect on different people in different ways but like with smurfs who get put in a harder lobby, those more experienced are forced to improve when they do well and if they can't keep up they get dropped back down again.

Message 56 of 83 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOMnah, no thanks. ill err on the side of my favorite player, the best player to touch the game, and like 90 percent of the playerbase, and my own personal unfun experience im having, thanks tho.

i dont care what it is that needs to be done to sbmm, but they need to do it. literally not enough people queing ranked because people are sick of it lol. so preds are fighing golds. disgusting that they arent doing anythign

no ones playing ranked because pubs are ranked without the loss of RP.

so you put crazy sbmm in your public playlist and your ranked playlist is dead. gg respawn

Message 57 of 83 (258 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl The only people that want SBMM gone in pubs are diamond plus and that's like 7 % of the player base lol. Take platinum too and still 30 %. I am not satisfied with current matchmaking just like you but complete removal of SBMM isn't the solution. It needs to be there in some way, at least for players at the lower skill tier.
Message 58 of 83 (225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@BaldWraithSimp if you took .3 seconds to read my very last post, which i imagine you did but still wrote what you wrote, i said 

i dont care what it is that needs to be done to sbmm, but they need to do it. literally not enough people queing ranked because people are sick of it lol. so preds are fighing golds. disgusting that they arent doing anythign

to clarify idk if its a "FIX" or a "deletion" but whatever it is now is trash and the people defending it are probably lounging in the bot lobbies or on console which is basically 1 big bot lobby

Message 59 of 83 (220 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl 0.3 sec is very fast, even for me. I read what u said and then I said I don't like current sbmm too. You were the one asking for SBMM to be completely removed earlier(and now you change your stance to fixing/deleting it) so I was clarifying that people who wanted SBMM gone are in fact the minority.
Message 60 of 83 (206 Views)