SBMM In Ranked Open to Litigation

by SHIZNICKMASTA

Original Post

Re: SBMM In Ranked Open to Litigation

★★★★★ Expert

Can someone explain what's the difference between SBMM and EOMM?

d47sqw45bzu01-e1582542632454.jpg

Message 11 of 27 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Cheese9ManSure.
SBMM - uses a formula based on your stats that gives you a skill score and then you are placed in a skill bracket (when in queue).

EOMM - looks at how you're going and makes it easier for you at times when you're going too low and harder when you're doing too well . Basically protects you from both withdrawal and overdose, so you end up staying addicted for longer (that's why it's considered unethical). EOMM works with other MMs, it's just that it can do exceptions on top of those, like taking you out of your skill bracket to make it better or worse for you.

Message 12 of 27 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe You sir deserve a cookie. Thanks!
Message 13 of 27 (364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Well, something was up this season. My winrate is usually set around 5-6% every season, this season however it has magically increased to just below 10%. I didn't become that much better between s8 and s9, that's for sure. I haven't changed anything on my end. Leave as many games as usual, soloQ Lifeline mostly, play largely the same guns. So either the game gave me easier enemies or better teammates, both not something I noticed though. Or low profile being gone had an influence, as you actually now have a (small) chance in 1v1'ing all the Gibby crutch players. Don't know, but my skill certainly didn't improve that much. I just think that such a relatively large shift in winrate seems a bit odd.

Message 14 of 27 (357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@CCbathwater wrote:

as you actually now have a (small) chance in 1v1'ing all the Gibby crutch players. 

As a Gibby main

tenor.gif

Message 15 of 27 (351 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Cheese9Man I won’t lie Gibby is my biggest hatred in this game. As a Wraith main if I get up close to a Gibby who is good I know I’m screwed. I have nightmares about his arm shield
Message 16 of 27 (346 Views)

★★★ Expert
@CCbathwater They've added Arenas, which is a big split in the playerbase. Splits can mean longer queues, less efficient SBMM due to smaller number of players in the queue (higher chance for players with higher / lower skill and for premades to be mixed with solo queue players in lobbies).
Message 17 of 27 (343 Views)

★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe So basically you're saying I probably got lucky and met easier opponents as it filled in lower skill players more than it filled in 3-stacking preds in my games? 3-stacking pred/masters whom I always have/had in most games anyway, for some reason.
Message 18 of 27 (330 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@CCbathwater just lose like 10 games in a row with no kills or 1 kill tops and you will be thrown in bot lobbies.
win 2 or 3 matches then you will be thrown to preds as it will be feeding time XD
tested and certified by the way Standard smile
Message 19 of 27 (305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@maximas1986Sounds boring. I go into every match wanting to win.

Message 20 of 27 (290 Views)