Re: S7 BP Still Feels Bad (imo)

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@asukojo wrote:

It's not about how fast you can make progress but what is required to make progress:

1. Previous BP: You have freedom when to play and you want to play more on the weekend.

2. Current BP: You have to play everyday but once you're done with daily challenges, you're back grinding slowly and you don't want to play it anymore.

I used to enjoy play longer time on weekend but not anymore.

@asukojo

Exactly. I remember someone in a random BP thread, when this all started, talking about how someone did the math and if you play *every day* and do all your challenges, this system can be better, because the Stars are static. Not like in the old system where 6K XP challenges lost "value" as the week went on (6K out of a 9K BP level is far more "value" than 6K out of a 54K BP level).

But, let's assume all of that is true (I don't know if their math was right, I couldn't be bothered to proof read it, myself), even still that leaves the issues that I've said above, and that you and others have said, as well.

Some people just can't play every day. That is fact. So, even if this system does reward better Daily "engagement" than the old system, it doesn't really matter to those players, because they'll never see those benefits of this system.

The reality is, the old system worked better for a lot of people. Oh, you only have Friday - Sunday to play Apex? Great, that gives you 3 days to do the 9K - 54K BP levels, do enough Dailies for the extra 2 BP levels, and maybe get some Weekly +1 BP level Challenges done, and you're good. Rinse and repeat next weekend.

You can't do that with this system. And it's hurting those that can't, or simply don't want to play for hours, every day. Because, honestly, even if you *can* play this game, all the time, you just need a break sometimes. You have other games you like to play, other things to do, you can't be chained to Apex all the time.

And, yes, while they have made things better since the S7 launch, it's still a slog. Even for those that can play every day, because like you said, once they finish their challenges, they are met with a 50K XP BP level *every single time*. It's just too much. The least they could do is reduce the XP. Either a static drop (as I suggested in my OP) or a sliding scale as others have suggested (for example: your first X number of times hitting 5K, it gives you 5 Stars, then it gives 4, then 3, and so on, until it's back to 1) and then at the start of the next week, the sliding scale resets, similar to how the old XP system worked.

They need to do more changes with this system, it's not good as it is. I know some people have quit criticizing the S7 BP since we got the Double XP days and the free BP levels. But, those people need to realize that those things were temporary, and more than likely, we won't have those for S8, if we keep this system.

It's better for them to fix it now, than wait for another wave of backlash in a couple months, when people realize this system still sucks, because Respawn is no longer handing out Double XP and free levels to try and patch over the huge cracks/flaws in this new BP system. 

Message 11 of 13 (140 Views)

★ Guide
@JonStriker126 Never so much as bothered with the BP system. Such a * of a system where you have to not only pay for an entry to the system but also need to grind to get the rewards (unless you pay some more).

It's designed around the whales as all microtransactions and BP systems are and quite frankly I'm not surprised. Always seemed like a scam and not exactly surprised to see that it has gotten worse.
Message 12 of 13 (131 Views)

★★★ Expert

New battle pass was better, except maybe for that 100K XP per level (I'd be willing to bet that someone made a small mistake there, like leaving double XP on when testing). Now it's more like a daily login bonus. "Play 2 games", "survive for 15 minutes", "outlive 150 opponents", "open 10 loot bins" present a challenge only for a kindergarten kid. The dailies have been dumbed down to almost an intelligence insulting level.

I think the problem is with the people here. Players got spoiled by the previous easy battle passes, so now they behave accordingly. Also, only few actually understand the concept of a battle pass, most mistake it for a daily reward system.

Message 13 of 13 (124 Views)