Re: S12 Gameplay trailer discussion

by ArchAngeL-PCX

Original Post

S12 Gameplay trailer discussion

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Initial reaction: Thank God apex is saved.

IMG_5380.jpg

Countdown video

Gameplay Trailer 

Official blogpost for the new mode, CONTROL

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/control-ltm-blog?isLocalized=true

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 12.02.10 AM.png

Maggie

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 12.16.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 1.12.57 AM.png

FKcWl85WYAQ1Src.jpegFKcWk1IXoAMUN0u.jpegFKcWilxXwAQkb1t.jpeg

Battlepass skins - Loba and Seer will be the legendary skins. LL, Crypto and Ash will be 3 epic skins at level 1 of the BP. Hemlok will be the 100-110 reactive skin.

FKcWkV5XIAc1L9D.jpegScreen Shot 2022-02-01 at 1.18.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 1.33.35 AM.png

Anniversary Event skins

FKcWCvrXsAYZ1n-.jpegFKcWFKSX0AgS5Gx.jpegFKcWH1pXoAEDl1U.jpegFKcV-tqXMAEK3Ik.jpeg

Olympus new POI - the analysis was correct that the new POI will be between Solar Array and Bonsai before you go to Hammond labs.

There's a phase runner/portal/Wraith labs thing in the middle of the POI going somewhere.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 1.17.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-01 at 1.18.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 1.12.47 AM.png

Message 1 of 46 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Oh you know this will cost an arm and a leg

Bloodhound Prestige Skin - this is a reactive skin that changes mid-game. And for the first time, a new finisher for a legend. Probably exclusive to the skin though.

ezgif-6-d4cdff592f-2.gif

ezgif-7-7538edb0a0.gif

FKcV03FXoAQJR23.jpegFKcY_svX0Acuh4P.jpegFKcZCs_WYAQoKQY.jpegFKcYRyaWQAMjVCs.png

Message 2 of 46 (577 Views)

★ Expert

@Cheese9Man Maggie's ult could be one of the worst out there lol, her passive is strong though.

I have one issue with Control: matchmaking. If it's not good then it could be really bad.

Looks like they added stuff around the map for more cover, so i'm happy with that at least.

Message 3 of 46 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Confirmation that the Alternator is out of the CP? My guess would be the volt or the Eva-8 would replace it. 

FKcaHhJWYAUl_Rl.png

Message 4 of 46 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Cro_PitttAt Maggie: LMAO! It also looks weak in the trailer but we'll see how it works with other legend abilities. Her passive confirms the Aceu leak of a scan ability.

Control: 100% agree.

Message 5 of 46 (560 Views)

★★ Expert

Oh good, I missed my Alt baby. I could actually hit with that.

Not sure why they would suddenly add a hammer to the P2020 when it's clearly a striker fired gun... but ok.

I am not sure if I will buy Maggie or not. While the passive is good for closing with shotgun, and I use them cause my aim sucks, that just means I get closer to people who's aim doesn't suck faster...

Message 6 of 46 (535 Views)

★ Expert

@Cheese9Man Oh yes please eva8 in CP reverted to the op version, so it'd have some use again lol.

Message 7 of 46 (533 Views)

★ Expert
@Cheese9Man Control looks great. This is the sort of thing I've been waiting 2 years for lol. Reading the description, each capture point is connected via a lattice. It only restricts where you respawn, unlike a more tug of war type mode like War in COD.

I hope this mode catches on. I'd like to see them expand it to a full map with a lattice connecting all major drop points. It would function like Planetside 2 where you can only capture a point connected to one you own. And it would be a full 60 to 100 player mode lol.

But baby steps right? lol Control is a great start and has me excited to try it.

And what about that Bloodhound skin? Is that a collection event reward instead of an Heirloom?
Message 8 of 46 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ArchAngeL-PCX Actually haven't read the blog post yet and just focusing on the trailer scene by scene. I'll get back to you on the details. LOL. Same here I've been waiting for a mode something like this for a long time. Arenas was the biggest disappointment in apex last year for me. 

Actual video of me printscreening frames in the trailer as fast as possible.

sweaty-speedrunner-epic-gamer.gif

Message 9 of 46 (518 Views)

★★ Expert
@ArchAngeL-PCX It's an Heirloom, and EA I'm sure has figured out how to get all your money for it.
Message 10 of 46 (518 Views)