S11 Patch Notes Discussion - buffs/nerfs

by Cheese9Man

Original Post

S11 Patch Notes Discussion - buffs/nerfs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

If you haven't read the official patch notes yet, go here: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/escape-patch-notes

I suggest reading the whole thing first before coming here. I want to highlight some of the changes that they'll add that caught my attention. This is not a summary but are just my thoughts on the changes. Ash and map discussions is already in a separate thread.

CAR SMG

Only way to know this is on the first day.

edit: Some content creators said that the R99 is still easier to control and the CAR has some horizon recoil into it.

Map Rotation

For the pubs, it's stormpoint and WE. Goodbye KC and I won't even miss you (gonna get hate for this lol).

Ranked Changes

There's a lot to intake here. Can someone explain this one like I'm five? I'll probably edit this one after rereading it.

edit: Okay this one doesn't really change anything drastic. It gives you bonus RP if you're in a higher ranked lobby and vice versa if you kill a lower ranked player.

Wattson

Now this one is huge. The only nerf is an adjustment to her hitbox making it a bit bigger so that all of the legends, except for the 2 big bois, will have the same hitbox size (in general).

• The tactical has not been changed but just made more useful and stronger. I like that you can place them easier (as well as the ult) and the general damage inc, dec in cooldown, and most importantly you can place them faster now and move faster while placing as well.
  • THE ULTIMATE NOW LASTS FOREVER.
  • The ult can better cancel bouncing grenades.

Carepackage

As leaked before and expected, the G7 will go into the CP while the triple take will move to the ground loot as a marksman weapon and will use energy ammo. I believe this is the season 3 G7 scout (36 damage and with double tap). They didn't mention the nerfs that TT will get though. The TT having 60 bullets per stack of ammo is really strong. They should have placed the TT back to the sniper category. I wish it was the Bocek though rather than the G7 since almost no one uses the bow.

All late game CP will contain a weapon. 

edit: Here’s the TRIPLE TAKE info. They should’ve added this in the notes

48D072E7-2F05-4464-80FA-628765DB2FCF.jpeg

Hop-up

Dual Shell - reload 2 bullets at a time for the mastiff and 30-30. The leaks also showed a hop up for the mastiff. I think this is a nice hop-up that is useful but at the same time not OP or useless (just remove shattercap rounds).

Gold Weapons

Mastiff, 30-30, Longbow, CAR, R301

Shotguns

The eva-8 will have a slight reduction of fire rate. The PK is now more friendly to noob players like me who can't use it. Inc pellet size and dec the charge up time.

Snipers

Only the longbow had a slight nerf. From 60 dmg to 55.

L-Star

Got another set of huge nerfs since it's so powerful this season. I'll copy paste them here. 

• Reduced barrel effectiveness at all rarity tiers
  • Significantly reduced projectile collision size
  • Damage reduced from 18 to 17

Replicator

They increased the amount of ammo you get when you craft and not just a 20 bullets but will be a whole stack (60 bullets).

Arenas

I have no comments on this as I don't play nor like this mode.

Quality of Life Changes

• UI - teammates will now show that they are self-reviving on their in-world game tags. This is nice.
  • Added VO for players to communicate they are out of ammo. We don't really need this as we can ping ammo.
  • Updated Social Awareness Badges to unlock as default for all accounts. YES! Controversial for some but I love this.
  • Please arrange the ugly charms list! I have too many Seer hates, origami creatures, and missiles!

What they missed

LOL that's it? No changes for the other legends other than Wattson?

• Pathfinder passive?
  • Gibby nerf? (lol please don't)
  • Crypto anything?

Additional buff/nerfs throughout the season

(Nov 5, 2021)

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 8.26.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-06 at 8.31.00 AM.png

Message 1 of 85 (833 Views)

Re: S11 Patch Notes Discussion - buffs/nerfs

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Cheese9Man  why does everyone have  such an issue with pathfinders passive?  It literally reduces your cooldown on your ultimate. That's extremely useful.

I get that every recon can use the beacons....but that's one facet of the passive, and let's not forget, Its just a passive. XD

He's still frickin spiderman.

The rest of  it's pretty cool though,already gave my thoughts on it on your other thread so I won't repeat myself.Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 85 (828 Views)

Champion

You missed one I think that is pretty big for some people- You get more shield points from crafting now. Enough to go from white to blue in one shot.

Ranked changes for BR kp goes up 1. And if you kill someone about your level you get a boost to your kp. Seems like they are catering to kills over placement, which I'm not sure is good in a game where winning the match is the objective.

Wattsons buffs are pretty good but all defensive. Pros may like her more but I'm not sure about the rest.

The mastiff hop up is probably the biggest thing I see. Double pellets mean double damage. Someone good with a mastiff will be back to 1 and 2 tapping.

Message 3 of 85 (822 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@hayhor  see I read that hop up as a quicker reload time.

I can't see the devs making the mastiff a double barrel shotgun.....the damage output would be broken.

Message 4 of 85 (817 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag Ah OK I see it says each shell reloaded. I think you are right. My first thought was mastiff legends is back lol
Message 5 of 85 (809 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man Are they joking? where are Valk and Gibby nerf? Where is Wraith buff? These devs are bad at balancing legends. this is a bad joke.
Message 6 of 85 (805 Views)

Champion

@hayhor  yup haha, I just hope they don't break the PK like they did wayyyyyy back with that increased pellet size buff.

That was a rough time to play apex, nobody likes being shotgun sniped at 150m for max damage.

Message 7 of 85 (803 Views)

★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtag It's not that useful to have his ult faster though, and most of the times it's 20% faster at best since you don't have the possibility to scan 3 beacons in a single game. 

@Cheese9Man I think they overdid it with the ammo craft buff. Getting 72 sniper bullets for just the cost of a battery is a bit too much (especially in competitive). 

Love the Wattson buff, a bit surprised that she's the only one getting buffed/nerfed this season. Also a bit confused by the ranked changes, correct me if i am wrong but basically it only changes if you play against people from different ranks? 

Message 8 of 85 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt Reread it as well. Basically if you're a bronze player and then your mate is in a gold lobby, when you kill a gold ranked player you get bonus KP. Other than that, it's still 10 KP. I was hoping for a whole rework though. They increased the kill cap from 6 to 7 as well.
Message 9 of 85 (781 Views)

Champion

@Cro_Pittt  I've always used his ultimate at all possible opportunities to speed up general map traversal for my entire team rather than just grappling ahead, so 20% is a huge increase.

It's all down to how you play him I suppose. Tongue out

Message 10 of 85 (777 Views)