S11 Map information spot.

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

S11 Map information spot.

[ Edited ]
Champion

THIS IS IT PEOPLE!!!

A few more hours and we'll have an entirely new map to learn.....and that got me thinking, how much quicker would it be if we all pooled our collective big brains and shared every helpful bit of information regarding the map into one tidy convenient spot right?

So I ask you all this, share your knowledge and I'll condense it into one tidy digestible post, and maybe just maybe....we can get ahead of the game. Wink

Stay frosty legends!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 17 (403 Views)

Re: S11 Map information spot.

Champion

Placemarker.

Message 2 of 17 (402 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag 

This is what I was kinda making a point of in my post 

Todays the Day, Welcome Season 11

Great Idea lets make it happen.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 3 of 17 (385 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

S11 BR Map Stormpoint

FCol8NzWEA0so4U.jpeg

Stormpoint is a tropical themed battle royale map that is around 15% bigger (playable area) than World's Edge. Lol just added that for the new players.

I. Tridents

Tridents (vehicles from Olympus) are coming back but this time they can hover on water. Even in deep water. I've already seen videos where people are rotating almost at the border of the map.

II. Wildlife

The wildlife in this map should be considered as another source of loot rather than another enemy. When killed, each creature will drop ammo and smart loot (like Lifeline) where it will give you attachments that will upgrade your gun. It won't give you armor nor a bag, it's just gun attachments AFAIK. The wildlife will only have a finite number of respawns. They have a red icon on the mini map. Firing at wildlife will of course attract the attention of other squads and PETA. 

Spiders (Is this their official name?)

Most of the spiders are in eggs around the map and will hatch once hit by a bullet. They also spit out web. In real life, spiders have 8 legs, in Stormpoint in the planet Gaea, they only have 6. LOL.

Prowlers

Prowlers are in enclosed areas and cannot go beyond that. They're not as sensitive as one would assume. You would need to be pretty close for them to notice you. They would spawn from nests inside the enclosures. Once cleared, no prowlers will spawn in that enclosure anymore.

Flyers

Nothing has changed from Kings Canyon. They will still drop a deathbox.

III. Gravity Cannons

Gravity Cannons is the hippest new way of traversing Stormpoint. You will be launched from one cannon to another so you can generally expect where you will land. Be careful since enemies can wait at the other end of the cannon. Abilities can change your trajectory though like Wraith's tactical, Path's grappling hook and etc. There's only one jump tower in the whole map.

Message 4 of 17 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Asmodeus566  Ah my bad bro, I didn't see your thread. :O

@Cheese9Man  Appreciate you posting the map up here also, I'm unable to embed images on mobile hehe. Tongue out

Message 5 of 17 (341 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag The lack of jump towers annoys me. There is only one but it is huge. The rest looks great from vids I have seen.
Message 6 of 17 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtagThe insert image goes to Narnia , but desktop site option fixes it

Message 7 of 17 (321 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag 

No problem brother. We will just use yours.

Champion trumps Guide.

Pluss the Big Cheese already added the Map. Kudos to him.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 8 of 17 (311 Views)

Will we get a limited time rotation of exploring the map with no fighting like we did when Olympus first released?

Message 9 of 17 (288 Views)

Champion
@MyName1sNotJohn I do not think so.
Message 10 of 17 (282 Views)