Re: S11 Map information spot.

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Champion

@hayhor  assuming it'll be locked in as the new map for a week or so though right?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 17 (228 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag I would imagine so. I wont make a promise though, because crow does not taste good

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 12 of 17 (225 Views)

Champion

@dSKyNafinchin  Is that a statement made with personal experience? Tongue out

On a side note, don't forget people info info info info!!!

I'm talking tasty little no name POI'S,easter eggs, guaranteed high tier drop spots for loot, sneaky rotations points, the works!!

If you think  its gonna help others be sure to share. <3

Message 13 of 17 (220 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag I expect that. If not and ranked is on the new map I'll play ranked this split.
Message 14 of 17 (209 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag 

I have to play a bit more before I can provide some feedback.

I hope to provide you with that feedback next week Tuesday or so.

Until then I hope you enjoy the new map.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 15 of 17 (178 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag @Cheese9Man 

ok so I have got a few more games under my belt. 18 BR ranked games with two wins.

Fish farms is a good landing spot decent loot, easy to loot, usually empty or one other team for quick KP. Rotation options are good even if sometimes it is a bit of a hike. but really what part of the map has short rotation except for landing somewhere in the middle.

Landing in the middle of the map is ok Storm Catcher, Cascade Falls, Antenna, however be prepared to have to secure a good spot to hold as lots of teams will be coming through. if they have not already landed with you.

Checkpoint is a descent landing spot has lots of loot but can be busy as you usually have 1-3 other teams landing there as well.

The map has lots of vertical differences compared to the other maps. It can be a snipers-Marksman-assault weapon (single fire) paradise.  It also lends to great ambush tactics.

Valk, Horizon, Ash, Loba and Octane are great picks with the map for exploiting vertical hard to reach areas.

PvE is ok, great for helping out for the last little bit of evo shield boost, nice addition but not necessary.

The Tripple-Take and Longbow are great choices to have with the map.

The Mastif feels like a bit more of a beast this season and is my in-doors 1-2 weapon of choice.

Ranked RP changes feel good.

That is all I have for now.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 16 of 17 (155 Views)

★ Expert

There as yet does not seem to be Fragment/SkullTown/Estates spot. The closest two are that big hole in the tallest mountain (which is more than dumb to land in as there is plenty ot loot but hardly any cover so it's just luck if you are the last squad out of there) and those buildings on a raised platform (Checkpoint?) that is very hard to get back up to once you've fallen off.

The internal geography of some of the smaller buildings is a bit annoying as it can be hard to find the stairs if there's a second floor or even an exit.

Ignore that big crashed ship as a landing point as there's hardly any decent loot and if you're not the first squad there you're going to be killed. if you are kitted up though it can be a good place to visit as you can zipline up to a spot and pick off enemies.

Don't engage the prowlers in Forbidden Zone/Jurassic Park unless you absolutely have to. They are easy to down but your gunfire will attract others for easy kills. I've lost count of the number of times I've dumped the Motherload on a Players v Prowlers fight in there and then picked off enemies from long range with the prowlers helping.

I'm actually doing okay for a first week. I usually start slow for a new season (S9-10 was a baaad transtition for me as I'd fallen back in love with the Spitty) but my KDr is already up to 1.25 (I think it was 0.5 this time last season) and yesterday I had something like 60 kills in 20 or so games (and I only ever play with randoms). Wins seem harder to come by, though. Think I only have 7, and one of those was just me and Crypto looting and then watching a final fight at Antenna (the ring was our third squad member lol).

Message 17 of 17 (143 Views)