Re: Rugby Games?! :(

by Tongan-JP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rugby Games?! :(

★★★★★ Newbie

What is your development profile like that it is preventing you from reviving old games? My understanding is that your company distributed the previous rugby games but one cannot help but think of the POTENTIAL of a new rugby game developed by EA (especially on the Frostbite engine)... If you are listening, there are a lot more fans of rugby games than you think... we are just waiting for a good game to come out.    The RWC is coming up and we hope you are all watching at your studio to get a better taste of the sport and to join us all in imagining what a rugby game could look like! 😃

Message 1 of 7 (377 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Tongan-JP I am not aware of any plans for a new or re-release of an older Rugby game but will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (355 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Tongan-JP I am not aware of any plans for a new or re-release of an older Rugby game but will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (356 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you!

Message 3 of 7 (344 Views)

@Tongan-JP I agree that the rugby games developed by EA many years ago were the best. Sadly the license is now given to a different company and its titles were mediocre at best. I do hope that EA will try to snatch it at some point and give us some new games that are up to the usual standard that EA Sports is known for. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 7 (337 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
@ivrognard Honestly, at this point, I hope any of the big studios takes it. But yes, I don't think any other big sport has been disrespected as much as rugby in video games. While we all appreciate these smaller studios giving it their best efforts, their games simply don't properly represent the sport. Given that it is 2019 and with the technological advancement in all industries, it is sad to see that the developers can never really get rugby right. We know that these bigger studios have the resources to better represent the sport so we can only hope!
Message 5 of 7 (333 Views)

@Tongan-JP I also like a few other sports, but rugby and tennis are the ones that lack good videogames in the past 10 years. I think that the last good rugby games were the ones delivered by EA Sports almost a decade ago and the last good tennis game was Virtua Tennis 4. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 7 (321 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ivrognard I agree. Was a big fan of that game and Top Spin. It boggles my mind that we can’t seem to nail these games in 2019!
Message 7 of 7 (317 Views)