Rubber banding

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Rubber banding

★ Expert

Can someone explain to me why rubber-banding and glitching enemies happens?

I had it bad yesterday and it two games it was impossible to play, but when I restarted my XBox it went away. I've always thought it was a connectivity problem with the data from my XBox being out of sync with the data on the server. Why did a reset clear it?

Also been having an issue (last couple of days only) when on the main screen my player name doesn't appear about my current legend - it says 'Player' and doesn't change although when I click on it it brings up my stats as normal. I can't join a game when this happens as it says 'Party not ready' even though I am not in a party.

Message 1 of 4 (255 Views)

Re: Rubber banding

★ Expert

Anyone?

It's been so bad today I quit playing. It took me three minutes to get through the tunnel with the vault near the Railyard - about a minute just to get up the bloody steps (where of course a path was waiting for me).

It's about one game in three now. In a hot drop I couldn't even pick up a weapon as every time I did it would just appear on the floor again.

My internet speed is 50MBps and my XBox has a wired connection.

This used to happen off and on, by now - as I said - it's one game in three.

I play on the London server with a 13-15 ping and 0% packet loss.

Message 2 of 4 (216 Views)

Champion
@EdwardDLuffy I played tonight and didnt see that. I had one game that randomly went fast for 3 seconds but was fine after that. My friend is from the UK and he said his connection was fine, tho I invited him.
Message 3 of 4 (191 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EdwardDLuffy no issue London server tonight here either, except my useless Internet of 89 ping 2%pl.

One thing worth looking at is how full is your xbox drive? Dump off it what you don't need and try to get below 50% at least. Clean up captures too and clear the cashe.

If that doesn't work, hard reset the xbox and reinstall only what you need, backup captures before reset.

This seems to be the only way to defrag an xbox drive.

My pc can get it knickers in a twist if I let the drives go over 50% and a defrag once a month speeds things up again (lots of dl and deleting of files can make the drive slow down).

Is there plenty of ventilation space around the box, they can overheat? 

Or your box may just be coming to a natural end due to all the abuse you give it.... rip Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 4 of 4 (175 Views)