by Liveone74

Original Post

Re: Rose needs to be buffed, badly

★ Apprentice
@jamcast99 Same Frown
Message 21 of 36 (557 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Liveone74 Its not a troll reply when the answer to your problem is as simple as getting good. You can completely immobilize a zombie in 2 seconds with her basic attack upgrade and they cant do anything about it.
Message 22 of 36 (546 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Bladylol3 I mean there is counterplay to it. Time snare isn't just a "win more" upgrade. They can fight back.
Message 23 of 36 (535 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Bladylol3 "Get Good" is probably one of the most useless responses to any balance suggestions, especially when there is a clear issue. Do you really believe that Rose is on par with the current zombie supports, the scientist and engineer? The engineer can also completely immobilize a plant with his stun. Be more respectful please, and back up your arguments with actual points rather than insulting a player's skill level. It just makes you look like a huge tool.
Message 24 of 36 (526 Views)

★ Guide
@brady3176 I agree that get good is a weak response, however Id say its moreso the zombie supports like engineer and (especially) scientist are broken.
Message 25 of 36 (459 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I played Rose yesterday and will disagree about her needing major buffs now.  Big time.

I do think she could use one additional hp of damage per primary shot but that’s it.  She’s an absolute wrecking ball when you figure her out and those of us from GW2 know how horrendous lobbies become when she’s OP.  

Also - I use Time Snare and Locked and Loaded as her upgrades.  Once you equip these and learn her movement capabilities, she’s all but impossible to vanquish.

Message 26 of 36 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I think she's hard to use on the way up to max rank & I've found that often lag / aim / sensitivity affects her more than other characters. She's not as straight-forwardly powerful as she often was in GW2 & it takes time to adjust to that.
My advice to anyone with a lower-rank Rose is to get used to the feel of her in Ops. You have less lag issues, a small team that are closer to you & usually more supportive than you find in turf & you get decent xp which will help you get to the better upgrades.
Message 27 of 36 (441 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah I struggled with rose at first but  with locked and loaded plus time snare she is fine. Plus as mentioned you very rarely die so KD is amazing.

Someone else here gave a hint about firing when the cross hair is in the red zone, not too close and not too far. This is to lock on properly. This really helps with vanquish rate. For me it meant being a bit more aggressive and getting closer than before, which is fine as you can enigma away if in trouble, and finish them off from a different angle. I can even vanquish Scientists with her now!

Definitely a case of practise and the right upgrades, then she is great.

Message 28 of 36 (422 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Liveone74 Hows it going?

Message 29 of 36 (393 Views)

★ Apprentice
@dwooten77 Trying new stuff with the Rose. Seeing a lot more Rose in Giddy Park. Not in multiplayer much though. Still a lot more of any other characters.
Message 30 of 36 (385 Views)