Rose Deck Ultimate League

by ThCakeIsALie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rose Deck Ultimate League

★★ Guide
Another version of my Flower Power deck. Did well in the 40's last season. Pretty good win rate, but pretty expensive deck. The key is to focus on Briar Rose synergy. Zombies are still stronger overall this meta so good luck if you try this out!
Message 1 of 6 (625 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Rose Deck Ultimate League

★★ Guide
I ran a Briar Rose deck two seasons ago with 4 Lil Buds. Worked well. This season I clicked "Finish For Me" with only 4 Briar Roses. It gave me something very close to this. I tried it out and liked it. Wanted to try something different this route. Perhaps more challenging, but every season I make it to Ultimate league and every season I post what worked for me.

But yes, zombies still currently hold the meta.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (798 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
Devil’s Advocate here. 4x Grave Mistake seems a little gutsy coming from a player who claims “zombies are better” this meta, playing a deck with a high curve. Some decks (i.e. many Valk builds) run zero gravestones for your bouncing pleasure... I just wonder why Lil Buddies are not your choice when you’re looking for synergy with Briar Rose.

Point #2: “this deck has a high win rate” and “zombies are better” sounds like a contradiction. From my perspective zombies ARE better... but that’s because I play zombies and my deck has a decent win rate. Then again, I played an accidental ranked game with one of my middling plant decks and won it, so I guess I have a 100% win rate with plants.
Message 2 of 6 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'd get rid of Starfruit, too easily removed without being buffed when played.

Message 3 of 6 (578 Views)

★ Pro

really good, thanks for sharing Wink

Message 4 of 6 (570 Views)

★★ Guide
I ran a Briar Rose deck two seasons ago with 4 Lil Buds. Worked well. This season I clicked "Finish For Me" with only 4 Briar Roses. It gave me something very close to this. I tried it out and liked it. Wanted to try something different this route. Perhaps more challenging, but every season I make it to Ultimate league and every season I post what worked for me.

But yes, zombies still currently hold the meta.
Message 5 of 6 (799 Views)

★★★ Guide
K. That’s reasonable I guess (rationale for running Mistake).

It just seemed like an odd choice... Mistake feels to me like a tempo card you’re trying to fit into a Rose deck with a lot of traditional control elements. Know what I mean?

On principle I like Mistake, because I love drawing cards and it’s tempting to run a bounce trick that is both cheap and card-neutral. But I also hate conditional cards that I lose the game with in hand, and this also fits that category. I tend to add it to a lot of decks and take it out again.

Ultimately it makes the most sense to me in something like a Green Shadow / Repeat Moss deck, b/c the best response to Repeat Moss is usually to plop a gravestone down in front of it.
Message 6 of 6 (562 Views)