Original Post

Re: Romance options for (straight) Ladies - your opinion

★★★★ Pro

Not much sympathies for us nice guys, eh? Broken heart

Message 61 of 81 (584 Views)

★★ Pro

I love the nice guys!!

Kaidan was a nice guy and one of my fav romances ever.

Message 62 of 81 (576 Views)

★★★ Guide

Rappeldrache wrote:

Cora is more "man" than the softies we have on board. Ok ... Drack is cool. But the men in this game are all so incredible softies .... Sleepy

There is nothing wrong with nice guys, but I think I get what you mean. Some "darker" maybe malancholic or "bad guy" characters would serve the game well. 
The crew is too "normal" and even. I guess thats one of the reasons why so many people want Reyes as a squadmate.

Nice guys are ok if they are also good in fighting and self confident. You don't have to be an A§§ to be badass. 

Message 63 of 81 (572 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

I love the nice guys!!

Kaidan was a nice guy and one of my fav romances ever.

I have to admit that Kaidan was my first LI in ME1 (sure there was only Liara for femShep and I like dark hair) but since my second playthrough and later since ME2 I just can't stand him.
He is too nice...too whiny...
Jaal is soft and whiny too, but he trusts Ryder no matter what and Kaidans mistrust and his behaviour...I don't know why I couldn't stand him afterwards...maybe his words on Horizon hurt me just too much - even after all the years :D 

Message 64 of 81 (568 Views)

★★ Guide

I respectfully disagree. There was nothing appealing about Liam. He is very rude to to the other crew in the nomad. He calls Sara a * after the soccer game and this was after being extremely kind to him the entire game. I really wanted to like Liam. I enjoyed his character until arriving on Eos, then it just went from this guy is might be fun to can I open the airlock and set him free? At the very least, let us give Addison the gift of Liam. He seems to be more interested in making the colonies run than exploring and Addison needs to replace Spendor.

Message 65 of 81 (567 Views)

★★★ Guide

@chrissyce1123 wrote:

... At the very least, let us give Addison the gift of Liam. He seems to be more interested in making the colonies run than exploring and Addison needs to replace Spendor.

Yes please!!

He is just immature and doesn't think of consequences or anything that happens 2 mins in the future...Sure he wants to help and hates doing nothing or not seeing any progression. But I thought more than once that he would be happier when I just could set him free on Eos.

Message 66 of 81 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

Nice guys are doormats in Andromeda. Vetra (and either Cora or Jaal if romanced) are the only three characters besides your twin who feel like they won't leave you bleeding in a ditch if that became convenient. Maybe Peebee feels like she cares by the end if romanced - will try that if I make a second run after "ME:A2 - The Kett Empire Strikes Back" is released and I have to change all my decisions in the first game because they were horrible ones.

While not straight (or maybe even physically possible), Vetra is a short but well written romance. They did a lot with the little bit they included. That they put a female Garrus in the game is sweet even if you don't romance her.

Since they are reworking and flipping the sex of well written character slots from the original series... here's hoping there is a male version of Jack in ME:A2.

Message 67 of 81 (562 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Vetra is just super sweet. Heart Playing with Scott, as soon as she first spoke with me, I thought she would be the first and only one I would romance. Of course, having Garrus as our best pal back in the trilogy, improved her ratings astronomically. Turians are just that cool.

Message 68 of 81 (553 Views)

★ Pro

@JucieN7 wrote:

@chrissyce1123 wrote:

... At the very least, let us give Addison the gift of Liam. He seems to be more interested in making the colonies run than exploring and Addison needs to replace Spendor.

Yes please!!

He is just immature and doesn't think of consequences or anything that happens 2 mins in the future...Sure he wants to help and hates doing nothing or not seeing any progression. But I thought more than once that he would be happier when I just could set him free on Eos.

Yeah, give him to Addison, but keep the Movie Nights!

Message 69 of 81 (533 Views)

★★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@PandaTar wrote:

Nice guys are doormats in Andromeda. Vetra (and either Cora or Jaal if romanced) are the only three characters besides your twin who feel like they won't leave you bleeding in a ditch if that became convenient. Maybe Peebee feels like she cares by the end if romanced - will try that if I make a second run after "ME:A2 - The Kett Empire Strikes Back" is released and I have to change all my decisions in the first game because they were horrible ones.

While not straight (or maybe even physically possible), Vetra is a short but well written romance. They did a lot with the little bit they included. That they put a female Garrus in the game is sweet even if you don't romance her.

Since they are reworking and flipping the sex of well written character slots from the original series... here's hoping there is a male version of Jack in ME:A2.

I guess you missed the Peebee / Liam banter than. No way he would leave the Pathfinder either.
That banter firmly established Liam as aalways looking out for and putting himself in harms way to protect the Pathfinder during combat. Not sure if it was just for a budding romance Liam and Pathfinder or always there. Liam is protective tho.

Message 70 of 81 (527 Views)