Re: Riva Tuner Statistic Server

by IKKI1905

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Riva Tuner Statistic Server

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is anyone using it, if  so  can you please suggest what value to put into  scanline sync to get rid of screen tear.  Playing on 1080p res.

Message 1 of 10 (5,509 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

the game changes borderless window to fullscreen during the game which caused tearing for me so i had to use fullscreen, so i had to fix my nvidia 3d settings to use vsync = on, then in the game i set it to fullscreen, vsync = triple buffered, and in rivatuner i set it to the framerate of the monitor which = 60, but if your framerate is 144 or some number your pc isnt making then choose a low enough number the line in rivatuner is straight, in rivatuner check setup, check enable frametime history overlay, and then ok, then turn on Show own statistics then the game exe to add is 5apex and set rivatuner to high.

if the line isnt perfectly flat then your pc cant do the fps you set in rivatuner so you may need to lower the video settings or resolution.

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (5,486 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@IKKI1905 just use gsync / freesync and there's no tearing.
Message 2 of 10 (5,496 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@-KG-Kajautus If I had monitor with that tehnology I certainly wouldnt opening this topic, dont you think :D
Message 3 of 10 (5,491 Views)

★ Guide
@IKKI1905 oh? Umm... ok can't really helpthen, I think there's quick sync on the nvidia side. Not sure about amd. Quick sync should be better than regular v-sync.

Please don't tell me you have a 60Hz monitor? If you do, just cap fps to 60 and there's 0 tearing.
Message 4 of 10 (5,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

the game changes borderless window to fullscreen during the game which caused tearing for me so i had to use fullscreen, so i had to fix my nvidia 3d settings to use vsync = on, then in the game i set it to fullscreen, vsync = triple buffered, and in rivatuner i set it to the framerate of the monitor which = 60, but if your framerate is 144 or some number your pc isnt making then choose a low enough number the line in rivatuner is straight, in rivatuner check setup, check enable frametime history overlay, and then ok, then turn on Show own statistics then the game exe to add is 5apex and set rivatuner to high.

if the line isnt perfectly flat then your pc cant do the fps you set in rivatuner so you may need to lower the video settings or resolution.

Message 5 of 10 (5,487 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@-KG-Kajautus Sadly right now I'm on 60hz monitor, getting new one around Chrismas time probably, but until then its what it is :D

I capped it on 60 fps but that is when i have tearing, weird. When i cap it for example 80fps, thats the most fps I can get without dips, no tearing but game is so damn laggy and chopy graphics.

@gg123xyz gonna try it out, thanks for response
Message 6 of 10 (5,471 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@gg123xyz It looks like its all good now, thank you very much :D
Message 7 of 10 (5,459 Views)

★★ Guide

anyone know why having statistics to  show on screen with  rivatuner server causes apex   to freeze and not load when launching the game?

Message 8 of 10 (5,434 Views)

★★ Pro

for me when i use this overlay from rivatuner, and the nvidia geforce experience overlay, it can show a black screen when loading the game and if then i press the mouse left button the game will crash. so i just disable the geforce experience overlay when i use rivatuner and msi afterburner. if your using some sort of screen capture sw other than geforce experience overlay then youll need to disable that too.

Message 9 of 10 (5,419 Views)

★ Pro
@gg123xyz them graphics got to be Terrible playing in 1280.
Message 10 of 10 (5,382 Views)