Re: Risk of Unlinking PSN ID from EA Account

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Risk of Unlinking PSN ID from EA Account

★★ Novice

Well I'm trying to unlink my PSN ID from EA account, currently I am playing Mass Effect Andromeda using my current PSN ID. Is there any risk of unlinking the PSN ID from the EA account? I dont mind losing progress but I dont want to lose access to EA games I purchased

Message 1 of 4 (1,043 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

yea I just recently unlinked my PSN from EA account and relinked it to another EA account...My local Mass Effect Andromeda saves are fine but the multiplayer progress and APEX got turned back to step one

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,014 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Faker666zzz

If you own the game on your PSN account you shouldn't lose access to it if you unlink the PSN ID from your EA Account. When you start the game after unlinking you will be asked to connect it with an EA Account again. 

Unlinking the accounts may cause you to lose progress in some games where your account data is stored on the servers. In cases like this I'm afraid we wouldn't have a way of recovering that lost progress. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Novice

yea I just recently unlinked my PSN from EA account and relinked it to another EA account...My local Mass Effect Andromeda saves are fine but the multiplayer progress and APEX got turned back to step one

Message 3 of 4 (1,015 Views)

Community Manager

@JobTheSchizo wrote:

Yep, exactly. Local saves wouldn't be affected. Just the data stored on the servers. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (998 Views)