Ring speed?

by Roosting_Raven

Original Post

Ring speed?

★★★ Apprentice

Have they sped up the ring speed?

The amount of times I've been caught in it because its caught up to me and my squad is ridiculous! Personally I think it should be toned down for the first 1 or 2 rings and speed up later towards the end of the match 

Message 1 of 9 (466 Views)

Re: Ring speed?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Ring speed is depend on the ring location and it's merging shape.

1. Assuming 1st ring is on top north side. If you land on really south, the closing speed of south part is much faster than north side

2. If the 1st ring at the center, the closing speed will be equal everywhere.

Ring2.PNG

Note:

There is pattern of the center of ring. After 2nd ring, you will start figure out the pattern and can predict the next ring.

Search it on youtube.... Standard smile

Message 2 of 9 (438 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@asukojo  That..actually makes a lot of sense. Looks like I need to up my game haha Thanks!

Message 3 of 9 (401 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Roosting_Raven wrote:

@asukojo  That..actually makes a lot of sense. Looks like I need to up my game haha Thanks!

Nah they do need to change ring closing speeds, they adjusted it to be fine on previous map, but on world's edge its out of whack, and too unforgiving.

No point in having a larger map if everyone is forced to drop in the center. If you go Skyhook and the ring closed on dome, or vice versa, you may as well run to the edge and jump off.

Message 4 of 9 (390 Views)

★★★ Expert

They should adjust the formula for the ring closing, it's not such a big deal. Max ring speed is (distance between circle centers + diference between circle radiuses) / time to close. This should not exceed 7.3-7.4 m/s, which is the running speed of the legends. The closing speed should determine the time, not the other way around, or they should at least add a warning when the ring speed is dangerously fast.

Message 5 of 9 (374 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I certainly wouldn't complain if they looked into it.

It's not fun trying to catch up to the ring only to watch it zoom off into the distance 

Message 6 of 9 (355 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Roosting_Raven If you like my answer, you can give me XP or accept as solution, that would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 7 of 9 (340 Views)

★★ Pro

They need to up the damage again. Too many people willingly going into the storm to fight people. That's ridiculous. They make a storm so you run from it, not fight, loot, scope people out, ambush, camp, etc. 

Message 8 of 9 (320 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asukojo HAHA XD you greedy individual XD
Message 9 of 9 (305 Views)