Re: Ring damage needs to be fixed !!!

by BinnsyBo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ring damage needs to be fixed !!!

★★★★ Novice

Any1 else feel like the damage in later rings is too heavy ? Or am i only 1 ? Should respawn tone it down alil ? What u think ?

Message 1 of 11 (678 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Been here since day 1 before season 1 but ive always felt damage was too high in later rounds but guess it was just me from some of the replies this thread has got...i figured fighting in a ring closing in later rounds would be alil better with alil less damage done overall maybe just alil faster so u would have 2 heal faster if given chance but also be able 2 fight alil longer and harder but if most people think it's fine it must just be me lol

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (500 Views)

All Replies

Champion

I think it is quite good. Start paying attention to the ring and position.

Message 2 of 11 (667 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@maymaymason33 Only you mate. Of all the things wrong with this game the ring damage is fine Standard smile
Message 3 of 11 (653 Views)

@maymaymason33 Not anymore, I’m not sure if they made adjustments to the ring or if I have adapted to the ring and map.

You just have to be aware of where the ring is, how far you have to go and plan accordingly. Sometimes that means leaving areas unlooted, I know it sucks, especially if you don’t like your loadout. But, as you make your way to the ring you’ll either stumble across death boxes or be able to loot as you go.

In most instances if you leave around the 30 second marker you should be able to avoid getting trapped in the storm. Unless you bump into another squad and have to fight. Sometimes you need to leave at the 1 minute marker maybe a little sooner, an example would be you’re at dome and ring is going to be skyhook.

You can survive for quite a while in the first ring with med kits and syringes.

But let’s say you’re in a dire situation, no syringes no med kits and low on health. Look at the ring and try to hit areas that get less traffic. You can typically scavenge some areas.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 11 (647 Views)

@Beo_Wulfon Newer players learning the game... i complained about it in Kc when I first started playing.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 11 (644 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you were around during season 1, you would not be saying the ring damage is too high. Season 1 and 2, until a few weeks into ranked, the ring damage was non-existant until about the 4th ring and that's when it got serious. People were legit just doing videos on only having medkits and surviving the ring and winning the game purely from medkits. This removed the whole system of the ring and basically allowed people to go around as they wished, which is not the point of the ring.

You and your team should be thinking ahead "okay, this is the route I'm going to take to the next ring, there could be potential enemies in that direction...is there any other routes I could take to avoid the enemy team in time for the ring and get a flank on them? will we be able to use this one bit of terrain as cover if we get shot at" The ring is the way it is for a reason. Highly recommend going and watching season 1 Kings Canyon videos and just watching how pathetic the ring was

Message 6 of 11 (608 Views)

Champion

The ring could be a one hit kill, yet it's all irrelevant if you're not caught by it.

Watch your timers, watch your positioning.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 11 (567 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Been here since day 1 before season 1 but ive always felt damage was too high in later rounds but guess it was just me from some of the replies this thread has got...i figured fighting in a ring closing in later rounds would be alil better with alil less damage done overall maybe just alil faster so u would have 2 heal faster if given chance but also be able 2 fight alil longer and harder but if most people think it's fine it must just be me lol

Message 8 of 11 (501 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

See i dont actualyl care how hight he Storms damage is, Hell it can insta kill you if it touches you for all i care, since the general philoshy of the ring is "its not their for you, its their to kill you" and that your not suppose to be inside the Storm to begin with as it acts as a constant Reminder you need to be on your feet and grow more and more cautious as the Arena Shrinks as it brings you and your enemies closer, 

because rememebr its not only you and the othe rTeams out their trying to kill you and you needing to be wary of, but the Ring as well.

i always try and stay til i see the First ring appear on the Mini map itself in my location before i start booking it to safety, sometimes taking advantage of my poisiton to take out any other fleeing teams.Litterally did that last week as Crypto, 

had just fled the ring and got into the safety as the ring closed, i turn around and throw up my drone as i see one of my teammates get downed and killed by a full squad still out in the storm, they are all bunched up so i fly my drone in, Retrive the Teammates Banner Card and pop my EMP on them. popping their shields and stunning them, causing them to be exposed to the storms damage for a longer time then they wanted, was enough to cause one of them to die to the storm, anouther i downed and he was left to die to the storm, as the last one came out and tried engaging me but he was too weak that a few bullets from a Prowler killed him and eliminated his team. 

when the EMP Popped their shields it forced them to make a call, attempt a Shield repair while in the storm, knowing theirs a Squad nearby sicne they just got EMPed which causes them to take more storm damage or run for safety but be without shields, Eaither Way their at a severe disadvantage against me and my remaining teammate. 

Message 9 of 11 (444 Views)

★ Guide

Too heavy? You mean too weak? Now only the last few rings actually does anything.

Message 10 of 11 (435 Views)