Re: Ring Damage and Ring Too Far Away

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ring Damage and Ring Too Far Away

★★ Novice

Hi I am a console Apex player and I costantly get killed by the ring due to landing cage and ring is all the way in skull. I get into some fights and the ring comes in. Killed whole squad when the ring is eating my health and no heals this is near CAGE and Skull is over 500m away and I died. Thanks Respawn for killing us off so far from the safe zone. All I sant is to have it bigger and more near Bunker. Also ring damage stage 2 and 3 ughhh

Message 1 of 10 (577 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DementoCT  The ring isn't the issue here it's the time you're taking to get to it

You're either

1. Taking too long to loot.
  2. Paying 0 attention to where the rest of the players are landing,thus getting caught in pointless skirmishes out of the safe zone.

Safest option is to land relatively central to the map, alternatively use either a high mobility legend or take full advantage of all the jump towers/ziplines in the map to travel quickly.

Players need to adapt rather than complaining about stuff that isn't broken...the circle isn't supposed to be safe.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (550 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Worst feeling ever, bruh. I always try to avoid any kind of fights when the ring is coming in. Talking about ring damage, I think it's well balanced so that people don't just keep looting outside the ring. It forces people to start running when the ring starts moving, which makes the game more about survival I guess.  

Message 2 of 10 (568 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DementoCT Yeah the changes may be good for ranked and the old elite queue but it was unnecessary for casuals, players want to land away from other squads and gear up before fighting but because of the new ring it's a race to whatever high tier loot area that's in the extremely small circle and it's usually a bloodbath because whoever gets the gun first. And if you don't have a decent Wraith or Pathfinder on your team you might as well just leave the game when the ring comes in
Message 3 of 10 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DementoCT  The ring isn't the issue here it's the time you're taking to get to it

You're either

1. Taking too long to loot.
  2. Paying 0 attention to where the rest of the players are landing,thus getting caught in pointless skirmishes out of the safe zone.

Safest option is to land relatively central to the map, alternatively use either a high mobility legend or take full advantage of all the jump towers/ziplines in the map to travel quickly.

Players need to adapt rather than complaining about stuff that isn't broken...the circle isn't supposed to be safe.

Message 4 of 10 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

more times then not where the high tier loot circle is, that is where the ring will be or very close by.

Message 5 of 10 (543 Views)

Champion

@RevenanT-G7  good shout, supply drops generally appear just ahead of next safe circle appearing at their edge too.

Message 6 of 10 (540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

@RevenanT-G7  good shout, supply drops generally appear just ahead of next safe circle appearing at their edge too.

You can tell who''s been playing since release. Standard smile

Message 7 of 10 (534 Views)

Champion

@RevenanT-G7  Haha i actually started during the last two weeks of season 1....i'm just observant unlike some.:eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 10 (513 Views)

★★ Novice

I am happy for the tips I have been playing since launch and im still a noob I try to get my team to the ring but they are looting larrys and I run ahead then my team dies in the ring and now im solo. But thanks for the feedback

Message 9 of 10 (459 Views)

Champion

@DementoCT  comes with the territory unfortunately, just play your best game and hope they follow suit haha.

Message 10 of 10 (387 Views)