Rework Steam Blaster (Suggestion)

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Rework Steam Blaster (Suggestion)

★★★★ Expert

I just played in another lobby with a toxic grandmaster steam blaster who had a vanquish streak of 19 and 26 vanquishes in Team Vanquish. He, of course, spammed the poop emoji and kept taunting everybody. I'm sick of it. I know the  patch nerfed him a little bit, but it wasn't enough. Instead of just complaining about the problem I decided to compile a list of changes I would make to him.

I imagine a complete rework that would make his legendary upgrade more like Thorn Apart in that it rewards playing him as a support character, which he is supposed to be, after all.

The steam fired by his blaster should be stronger or weaker depending on wether the player heals and revives a lot. To indicate the charge level, the same curved bar that appears when effected by gratify would be constantly displayed. 

His base damaged should be lowered to 50 or 55 and the ammo capacity should be raised to 5 or 6.

The number of warps would be reduced to 2.

Activating warp would reset the damage meter, as it is often used in a toxic way and doesn't benefit your team.

Pocket heal in general should be nerfed a little bit.

In my opinion, the proposed changes would greatly benefit the plants and scientist.

Right now it is frustrating to play against him and as him.

He can still kill a group of plants and use his 3 warps to get away when low health. I could rip my hair out when that happens.

And the reduction of his ammo to only 4 in the latest patch encourages the play style of using up the ammo and then running away.

Message 1 of 7 (501 Views)

Re: Rework Steam Blaster (Suggestion)

★ Guide
@benn1nat0r You're right, the steam scientist is god even with the nerf, they should modify the way the scientist plays because this is the class of 3 characters (Attack, Defense, Support) seriously, he does a lot of spam, especially if playing with maximum levels, the ability to fully heal in two seconds and decent mobility must be nerfed.
Message 2 of 7 (490 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Pvz300085 Yeah the versatility alone is crazy. He can heal himself and large groups of zombies easily. He has 3 warps that in some cases get him across half the map. And with this upgrade he deals a lot of damage to multiple plants at close range, but the limited range is no problem since he can sprint and warp towards and away from plants.
Message 3 of 7 (481 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@benn1nat0r Really good idea
Message 4 of 7 (432 Views)

★★★ Pro

Great suggestion! Sorry you had to experience that, toxic players are never fun. I will never understand the way they think- what do they hope to gain from playing the game like that?

Message 5 of 7 (404 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PineapplePiano Yeah it always sucks when there are such players. Maybe they feel better about themselves because they can use a character that doesn't require any skill but gets high vanquish streaks anyway? And of course if you're as god like as they are you have to show it to the whole world by spamming the poop emoji, right?
Message 6 of 7 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@benn1nat0rFirst of all, I want to say that I do not like the Brown Emoji - and I do not want to say the word either.

The other thing I would like to say is that if Steam Blaster was reworked like this, I would be unstoppable. I heal and revive like crazy. I “mercy main”, you name it, I do it. I am very much more of a defensive character. I prefer Defend and Support over Attack. Sometimes, I charge up my entire Thorn Apart in under 30 seconds with low effort.

My point is I agree, but just be ready for me to become a god at the game. 

Message 7 of 7 (332 Views)