Re: Reward and in-game communication

by Kexlar

Original Post

Reward and in-game communication

★ Novice

To start off, I'm a long time fan of GW franchise and own all three. I see a few area of improvement with this game

1) Sense of achievement

I see GW3 as a game that I would play a few round and leave at the current state as it lacks in rewards. The game tries to reward the player by providing rank, level, and skins after winning a game but it lacks in the small details. Take gold for example, which ties with skin acquisition and leveling with the machine. Winning a PVP game grants around $7,000-$14,000 gold and this is equivalent of half a skin piece or almost a level. There are two issues with this, currency inflation and purchasing power. I rather have 500-1000 gold per game with 2000 to purchase a skin piece than $14000 gold with $30000 a skin piece. I would expect I could purchase a pack of 5-10 with $30000. I also dislike the fact that the skin comes in pieces instead of packs, comparing this to any chest opening game, this feels like squeezing the last drop of water from a bottle. Onto ranking, I like the fact that it unlocks new abilities and reward veteran player with different playing style, but there is no visual difference between the upgrades. If you are going to reward players, reward them all the way. I suggest the designer read don norman's book (design of everyday things) and  Eric Zimmerman's book (Rules of Play)

2) In-Game communication

Where is the in-game communication for multiplayer game? Voice chat is useless as no one speaks, text chat is non-existent or I could be simply blind.

Message 1 of 4 (765 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hey buddy... sorry you're frustrated.  The prices of awards are not an issue to me but I respect the fact it's too much coinage for many people's liking.

As for game chat, I hope it's not too obvious but if you're not seeing ANY talk/chat, you might have to enable voice chat through your in-game settings.  Otherwise, all of the emote communications are made to help with this very problem.  "Defend," "Team Up," etc.  You can make some of these your favorite (for those that apply to your favorite mode[s]) so they're easier to deploy in-game.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4 (747 Views)

★ Guide

I use voice chat when I play, but I see what you mean, as I am the only one using it, if there are any others using it, all I can hear is what they want to for food or arguing in the back when they get killed.

Message 3 of 4 (726 Views)

★★ Guide
@Kexlar Lol. I still remember playing GW1 on the 360. There wasn't an easy way to turn off incoming chat on the 360 version, and a lot of people would have their kinect chat on without knowing about it.

My favorite conversation I over heard was a dad walking into the room saying "Hey there Buddy... What's this I'm seeing on my credit card? 6 $10 dollar charges for something called... Plants and Zombies. Is it from a game!?! Get off there! You're in big trouble!"

Lmao
Message 4 of 4 (720 Views)