Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Reviews Look Pretty Stale. Yikes!

by GuruChaz

Original Post

Re: Reviews Look Pretty Stale. Yikes!

★★★ Guide

@OmgGodsShoe wrote:

@xSupportalKombat wrote:
woops in the time it took to write that, the above comment was moved up a bit. oh well. point remains the same

I agree. I just beat the main story. Took 22 hours without speeding through any of the text/cinematic. Now I have other things unlocked to do. It amazes me people complain about shoot and loot games when games like Halo were extremely popular for a very long time and the majority of players loved them. People spent $60+ a few years ago with no future content and a 5 hour campaign and were happy but now nothing any company does is good enough. 

You know what kept Halo alive ? PvP.

Message 31 of 35 (67 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

When is the last time anyone bought a game based upon a reviewers comments? I personally do my own research and do not rely on streamers or other people to tell me what to play.

Look at the reputation of the game designer to get an idea of the effort and development they put into their games.

Reviewers are just more paid hacks that are using their positions to influence others. Do you really think they have your best interest in consideration when writing a review? Do you think they are trying to save you from wasting your money on a game that is not of value? No they are using their own personal bias to convince others not to even try a product.

How many hours of gameplay did this writer experience for themself before writing a review? What level gamer are they to be an expert on all games in every genre? Who are they to decide what the gaming world is ready or not ready for?

I for one look at the Playstation store and see them constantly encouraging me to buy Destiny Forsaken but, I own it and would not recommend that game to anyone in its current state.

Bioware has a really good track record of designing in depth storyline driven games with large followings so, do some research and decide for yourself. You will live a happier life when you don't base your decisions on what other people tell you to.

Happy gaming.

Message 32 of 35 (70 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Bistoory wrote:

@OmgGodsShoe wrote:

@xSupportalKombat wrote:
woops in the time it took to write that, the above comment was moved up a bit. oh well. point remains the same

I agree. I just beat the main story. Took 22 hours without speeding through any of the text/cinematic. Now I have other things unlocked to do. It amazes me people complain about shoot and loot games when games like Halo were extremely popular for a very long time and the majority of players loved them. People spent $60+ a few years ago with no future content and a 5 hour campaign and were happy but now nothing any company does is good enough. 

You know what kept Halo alive ? PvP.

Probably a lot of things kept it alive, including the first game being kinda groundbreaking for the genre at the time, and the later games coasting on nostalgia. And I don’t want to turn this into another PvP vs PvE debate, but of course it was PvP.

PvP was the only option for multiplayer content for a long time, because it’s far easier to get people to shoot each other than to give them a way to work together, and implement halfway decent AI that’s actually fun to play against, especially in multiplayer, especially if you didn’t want it to require a dedicated server to host the game.

Thankfully, just because it’s easier to do PvP doesn’t mean that companies like Bioware don’t try to do high quality PvE multiplayer anyway.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 33 of 35 (59 Views)

★★★ Guide
the issue with reviews is MOST (not all) go by what's popular and the past couple years hating and belittling games has been popular. most go in to anthem expecting WoW or Destiny levels of content but you wont get that with a game that TECHNECLLY still has not launched yet. I always tell people to find demos of the game and make their own opinion because honestly the reviews for most the games I read are no where CLOSE or focus on say lack of pvp or pvp balancing ect.
Message 34 of 35 (50 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@DeityDi wrote:

If by that you mean undercoocked, with awful missions that make you either collect things or defend that one spot and basically 2-3 mini bosses in the whole game out of 10 enemies types (including turrets) in general and massive grindwalls that take 4+ hours and consist of random freeplay challenges like find 15 chests complete 15 public (random unmarked on the map * destiny 2 public events arent even that bad) events, weapons being a weak fillers and mobs being ultimate bullet sponges. Then yes. Thats the whole 60$ game for release next weekend.

And last but not least, 3 of the most interesting missions being strongholds one of which you already played, !one new (what a gift) and one being rehashed, re-used final mission of the game with more elits spawned.

"This is Anthem"

So much potential down the drain. Such lazy mission structure and design, missions are just you being delivery boy or standing afk in one spot, so few enemies and everything's filled with Ash titans as teh ultimate "look its a mini boss".

Like seriously, thats 15 hours of campaign for 60$. They coudlnt even fill 15 hours with reasonable decent content!

I swear you work for Bungie...

Either that our you somehow find enjoyment hating on this game as much as possible.

Message 35 of 35 (42 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help