Re: Review - the worst class in the game

by AlexCora22

Original Post

Review - the worst class in the game

★★★★★ Novice

I installed the game months ago, and I reached level 1000 after months. I have mastered every single class in the game and I own every legendary upgrade. After all my experience in the game I can tell that there are classes that are strongers than others. Today I want to talk about the class that, in my opinion, is the worst class in the game.

----- DISCLAIMER

Every class has his own points of strenght and his own weaknesses, and every class has his own way to be played. The class that I consider the worst is a class that, regardless of that, garantees you the worst gaming experience in the game.

-----

The class I'm talking about is the Kernel Corn, and now I'm about to explain why it is the worst class in the game.

1. The aim. The way the class shoots is one of the worst in the game. In short distances it's very easy to miss the target, specially if the target is moving. In long distances is very easy to dodge his attacks. The best distance for kill with corn is medium, but the way the viewfinder is made makes difficult to hit the target anyway;
  2. The damage. The corn has a high shooting rateo, so it's normal to have low damage bullets. The problem is that the aim I discussed before makes necessary an higher damage. After hours of gameplay I'm sure that the corn is my class with more assists. In my opinion the damage has to be encreased in order to perform better kills;
  3. The gameplay. The way the corn is intended to be played is similar to the foot soldiers. The problem is that the precision and the damage  are both inferior to the foot soldriers, so the corn cannot perform the same games. You have to play in a medium distance and try to use jump shots as much as you can;
  4. The legendary upgrade. Popcup decided to release an upgrade to improve the points I criticized before. They decreased the mobility of the corn, giving him a shield while you aim, while increasing the damage. The upgrade does his job well, but it's not enough to recover the class.
  5. The confrontation with other classes. As I already said, every class has his weaknesses, this also means that every class has a counter and his a counter at the same time. I think that the corn is the only class that is not a counter to any class. Every class has a better counter than the corn. At the same time the corn is pleanty of counters, because of the previous points.

Hope you can understand why I think this class is the worst in the game. If you have a different opinion write me an answer in the reply section.

Message 1 of 11 (728 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ZucchinaTacchina imo, corn is almost ok. I feel really precise aiming with corn, idk what type of hands do you have (maybe cottoned hands). The only point that i agree with you is damage: it really needs to be buffed... 5dmg is trash. As you said, soldier is a lot better than corn for his damage and his broken upgrade "rapid fire".
Message 2 of 11 (714 Views)

★ Expert
@ZucchinaTacchina Disagree, he's my go to when the other team is stomping me...I find him the best to try and counter larger groups...or at least better then the rest of the chars.

Agree he's not as good as soldier but still a good plant.
Message 3 of 11 (713 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@AlexCora22 When I was talking about the aim I was refering to the fact that it's very easy for a bullet to miss the target. Maybe you are a suino(good player) and you learned how to avoid this problem. My opinion about the weakness of this plant remain still

Message 4 of 11 (689 Views)

★★ Pro
@ZucchinaTacchina I must say: Corn is absolutely good right now. He has good DPS, with Butter Beacon its even better, and good abilities.

I am sorry: if you like Shogun more than Kernel, and you think it's better, I have bad news for you: it's not. Shogun have a worst dps than Kernel ( Shogun - 56.25 DPS, Kernel - 56.33 DPS), have worst accuracy and movement for an upgrade that costs 5 points and puts a buggy low hp shield in front of Corn's face.

Message 5 of 11 (651 Views)

★★ Guide
@ZucchinaTacchina I agree, in my opinion Corn shoots way too fast which cause half of his bullets to not register. (Now I know this sounds like I'm useless at aiming) but on a target that's not moving I need to reload if not once at least twice before I can kill them. For a class twice hat holds 52 ammo at 5-6 damage, this should be doing 260-312 damage without missing any shots. But sadly it don't register
Message 6 of 11 (608 Views)

★ Pro
I agree that Kernel Corn is the worst class in the game, but not by much. He can still get some work done if played correctly. His fire rate & reload speed is superior to Foot Soldier, balancing the match-up evenly. You can even say he's better as Butter Beacon increases his worse damage output to 6-8 . His upgrades, while requiring some skill, just make what's good about him great.
Message 7 of 11 (585 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ZucchinaTacchina corn gets an upgrade that makes his reload speed almost instant. this means that corn can practically spray shots seemingly infinitely. its a must have upgrade on corn imo. missing shots doesnt matter as much when you have almost infinite ammo.missing 1 or 2 bullets wont stop you from barraging them with corn kernels.

Also I disagree with your comment on his aim. Corn's primary is currently comparable to a precision laser. It's kinda like gw2 citron's primary I guess? But without the bonus dmg up close.

It's a matter of just learning the character I guess. I recently got Nightcap and Sunflower to GM5 and felt that they were hot steaming garbage. Other people reckon they're solid characters : ^p
For me, I had a much MUCH easier time levelling up Corn compared to Sunflower and Nightcap.
Message 8 of 11 (547 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't think that he is the worst character in-game but I respect you. He's Husk Hop is basically an insta-kill ability that is hard to dodge, Butter Beacon increasing damage AND revealing locations of enemies, very good at TT. Shuck Shot is probably the worst ability since its hard to hit and damage its not high. I use it only in close-range mostly against All-Star.

Message 9 of 11 (524 Views)

★★ Pro

Shotguns accuracy is much better than regular in my opinion. I agree with OP that regular corn does feel like one of the most inaccurate ones in the game. The recoil on it is atrocious.

On paper, corn in comparable to foot, but in game they feel nothing alike. Soldier just stomps corn because soldiers shots are like lasers. 

Message 10 of 11 (514 Views)