Review and suggestions for Fallen Order 2.

by Gidoru

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Review and suggestions for Fallen Order 2.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I doubt anyone on the dev team reads this forum but..

Just finished the game for the first time and overall enjoyed it a lot. This criticism is coming from someone who doesnt really play Soul's style games but likes RPGs and Starwars, probably your major demographic.

Here are my personal gripes and what can be improved for the sequel.

1. Combat - Overall combat in this game is very dissatisfying. Your actions seems very sluggish/unresponsive and animation canceling doesnt seem to be a thing. Half the times I try to block or parry I get hit anyway for no apparent reason because of lack of responsiveness and poor telegraphing. Most of your skills and combos are pretty worthless given how slow they are and the time it takes to pull them off, you will just be hit and staggered before you can use them. Force powers are also extremely lackluster, their animations take way too long and get interrupted by damage which is annoying. 

The combat also completely fails to fulfill the fantasy of playing a Jedi. Im not expecting to 1 shot every enemy, but at least make the character SEEM powerful  faster and more agile. In this game your character feels great and super agile while traversing the map then you get into combat and sluggish, weak and slow. I want fluid fast combat that looks more like if you were playing Trilla, again your character  doesnt have to 1 shot everyone but you never FEEL strong.

2. Fast travel - Please implement this in your next game. Backtracking in this game is EXTREMELY unfun given how the maps are basically designed like mazes. Its fine playing it through the first time but backtracking when you get new abilities to unlock things is extremely tedious. A simple solution would be to allow fast travel to the meditation points only after you've completed the main story on the planet.

3. Story transitions between planets/main story elements and crew interaction was kind of weak. After completing a major story segment on a planet most of the time you kind of just have a second or dialogue and immediately set off to a new planet. There should be at least some downtime where your characters discuss what happened and progress the story. It all just felt too  abrupt. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Review and suggestions for Fallen Order 2.

Community Manager
Hi @Gidoru,

Thanks for the feedback.
EACade

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,253 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @Gidoru,

Thanks for the feedback.
EACade
Message 2 of 6 (1,254 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade id also like to see character creation in the next game where we could choose race and gender and have a dark side and light side meter as well as a reputation meter and can choose weather to join the jedi or the sith and a form of new journey plus that lets u keep not only cosmetics but skills and upgrades as well ;P
Message 3 of 6 (1,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would also like to see a variation where you can decide to join the site or stay true to the light side of the force. I think it would be great if you decide to stay on the light side you can play out the story and then come back to that point and join the dark side and let the story play out a different way. I think this would fulfil many people’s fantasies to join the empire and dominate the galaxy. I think this would be an amazing feature to have in the sequel of Jedi fallen order. I also think there should be more planets to explore and have the chance to meet other hidden Jedi who, unlike cere, are more active and explore with cal. Or the main protagonist. This has its pros and * but it is just an idea. But I think the choice of dark and light side of the force would be brilliant to the game as it hasn’t really been explored much in modern Star Wars games.

Message 4 of 6 (1,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Mackenzie171025@godagarah5000
You guys won't get that. Disney wants everything cannon. So no big chance for that.

@OP Your problem with combat is to a degree a learn to play issue. Youtubers do boss runs without taking damage at highest difficulty. Still I would prefer if they would look at PoP:T2T for combat instead of Dark Souls.

Message 5 of 6 (941 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On top of these great suggestions, I would add that having a double-bladed lightsaber that can split would imply that you could also dual wield them as single blades in each hand. I know I am not the only one that feels this way as I have had this discussion with friends and others online.

Message 6 of 6 (388 Views)