Revenant nerf - ult 75% dmg

by SSPK7

Original Post

Revenant nerf - ult 75% dmg

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I'm glad that Rev get needed buffs and finally we are all kinda scared when he approach the fight. But honestly it feels like he is way to OP right now. You can see it by tournaments, with latest buff, he become an S tier legend. I like him being evil character and that we should feel his presence more than we used to but i would call for a little nerf. Lets say when you are using his ult your firepower is 75% of default. U still can wipe whole squads while being protected but u will have to be more carfull and if you don't execute this ult smart it could backfire easly.

What you guys think about that ?

Message 1 of 10 (1,374 Views)

Re: Revenant nerf - ult 75% dmg

★★ Expert
@SSPK7 He’s not op though, plus only 75% damage would be a big nerf.
Message 2 of 10 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SSPK7 They just now balanced him. Honstley its great having infinite range but its not a huge change. Im a rev main and i still use him like i did pre patch. I dont place it far away because then i cant get follow up kills from all my damage. You already go into the next fight at 50% hp so its already a risk. Dont forget if its to far away you can also heal up
Message 3 of 10 (1,311 Views)

★ Expert
@SSPK7 you do know that the buff only affected Revenant's Ult chase potential and repositioning potential right? Nerfing firepower will just affect his pushing power which is what his ult is mainly used for.
Message 4 of 10 (1,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Honestly can say I've never been intimidated by revenant or his ult lol, just some extra damage to farm. XD

If anything most people are using the ult too far and run out of juice by the time they get into the fight from what I've seen.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 10 (1,280 Views)

★★ Pro
@SSPK7 Sry but wtf? why would they nerf the dmg of the ult?
If you actually lose the fight against someone without armor then the issue is clearly something else but the totem my friend.

The totem allrdy has big downsides why would you add more to it? cuz someone gets "free" dmg into you? mostlikely you will be able to get fully healed up again before he is back after you kicked him to the totem.
Message 6 of 10 (1,243 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Squad vs squad the totem seems fine, but In a ranked match where you just killed a squad and are healing up and the whole lobby of revenants pop up is extremely annoying. Especially paired with lifelines new rez kit, that is broke.

Message 7 of 10 (1,212 Views)

★★ Pro
@MikwinN11 That is not a revenant problem(totem), i might even go that far and say your chances of surviving the 3rd party are much higher against a team with totem than a team without.

Your chances of kicking them back to totem (equally skilled ofc) are pretty high, and that will mostly give you enough time to reset

All that beeing said, i noticed that atleast at plat/dia people seem to struggle with raw agression and seem to get overwhelmed, i saw it so many times that when i stupidly pushed someone with my totem the people tend to start panic extremly.

The totem is strong i agree but the other abilities are in my opinion just mediocre. Silence can have massive impact but mostly it does nothing but block line of sight,the passive is horrible... most spots you can reach with the climbing you also can reach on other ways, when it comes to the crouching i found it the most useful when you have to heal up under fire since you crouch still pretty fast, i think its even faster than running and healing...but since you can also just bhop while healing(and that is faster than both other ways) i dont see the passive beeing that useful at all
Message 8 of 10 (1,169 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Problem is not fighting one squad. Sure it is no problem to push them back but when you get yourself in situation where you are 3rd partied by another rev squad. You have to fight not twice, but lets say 3 times (2 times full squads and 2 halfs). It is not only about skill anymore. This will drain you out of ammo and health with time to chose one to recharge or reload before you get pushed again. I got situation like this and this is why i though about nerfing revs ult this way. And situations like this, you will see this much and much more frequently. Pick rate for rev just escalated latly as he became S tier.

Message 9 of 10 (1,124 Views)

★ Expert
@SSPK7 And like everyone said that's not an issue with Rev but an issue with 3rd parties in-general. The problem with the nerf you want is that not only the number too high it also affects other aspects where Rev's ult could be used. And ofc his pickrate would increase as he just had a buff so everyone is trying him out and finding ways to use his ult where back then it wasn't possible.
Message 10 of 10 (1,114 Views)