Revenant is still viable, right?

by Sir_Named

Original Post

Re: Revenant is still viable, right?

@Sir_Named I have to agree with others he can be fun in pubs. But his skill set is really limited and very situational at best.

His bombs can come in handy especially against a caustic, Gib and other legends. But it's entirely dependent on actually hitting the enemy with the bombs. The other issue with them, is you have to fire them off quickly so accuracy goes out the window. If you're fumbling with throwing them, you're probably going to get lit up while doing so.

His ult can be useful, but the biggest weakness is its range. Anytime I play with a Rev we throw down the ult and often run into a situation in which we often end up outside its effective area. Throwing it down closer is an option but it makes a ton of noise and you lose all surprise ability.

His passives are not terrible. How ever it's again situational. How often are you in a position in which you can crouch walk up behind someone? Your teammates also have to be patient and allow you to maximize that ability. More often than not, your teammates are going to making a TON of noise so it makes his crouch walk kind of useless.

The wall climb is almost useful, but again it runs into the issue of how frequently do you really get to use it?

I think solid buffs would be either eliminating the range on his ult and making it timer based. players will still be range limited by the timer. They can only go so far in X amount of seconds.

Making his bombs more like impact nades. Similar amount of damage but have a wide area splash damage.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 23 (445 Views)

★★★ Pro

We were witnessed how less popular champions like Gibby and Caustic with a proper buff changed the meta. Unfortunately in case of Octane, Crypto, Bloodhound and Revenant, none of the previous buffs had the similar effects. I still believe Revenant especially needs a better escape/hold/defensive ability than just climbing higher, to be able to compete better with others. 

Message 12 of 23 (414 Views)

★★ Pro
@Alphabets Maybe his silence could obscure vision more. Would add some versatility to his tactical as well.
Message 13 of 23 (407 Views)

Champion
@Sir_Named If you play with a really good rev he is quite viable for pub games and lower to mid levels of ranked. By really good I mean they use their tactical by blocking doors and always hitting wraiths with it. Then they use their ultis in the most perfect spot.
Message 14 of 23 (378 Views)

Champion
@Alphabets Bloodhound is quite good now. That huge scan and hold it has really does the job. He will never be upper levels of ranked good tho.
Message 15 of 23 (377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If Crypto and/or Bloodhound receive the ability to use beacons, 100% they will be competitively viable. Crypto probably will be picked instead of pathfinder

Message 16 of 23 (360 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Sir_Named He is probably the second worst legend after Octane. So soon he will become the worst.
But I think it would be quite easy to buff him without making him broken.
Message 17 of 23 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@hayhorHis ult is one of the worst because you have to heal after using it. It is only good for peaking and gather information, but other legends can do that better.
The only really good thing about him is his passive, but because of the fun factor and not because of that much viability.
And his tactical... well at least it is a troll ability so that is something.

Message 18 of 23 (345 Views)

★★★ Pro
@TommiSpageti very good point, beacons should be accessible to all "trackers", they can replace Pathfinder passive with somthing more specific then.
Message 19 of 23 (297 Views)

Champion
@budzai You do not have to heal if you have a good shield and know you did a lot of damage to the opponent. You still have a full shield plus half your health. The key is you didnt become a shadow and get obliterated immediately.

As I have said, I have played with really good revs and his tactical and ults made a huge difference in our fights.

The biggest issue I see with rev is that monster hitbox.
Message 20 of 23 (274 Views)