Revenant Totem False sense of security

by hhnbbfggty66

Original Post

Revenant Totem False sense of security

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The stupid totem has gottem my squad killed more times than I can count.

When the timer runs out, the squad should return to the totem.

Whats the point of getting the confidence to push but be left out in the open when the timer runsout.

Itd dumb please fix.

Please give it unlimited time or auto return to totem runs out.

Unlimited time with 25 health.

Message 1 of 18 (716 Views)

Re: Revenant Totem False sense of security

★★ Guide

The timer is long enough to all rush an enemy player and get at least one down, why are you placing it so far away? Or placing it when you don’t know where the enemy is yet? 

the whole point of the totem is to give you a free push, don’t be scared to just go in guns blazing, running as fast as you can after the enemy, save the slow sneaking towards them for when you don’t have the totem 

or pair it with a Wraith portal so you can easily return if you can’t find anyone/ get back in the fight quicker if you  manage to down someone but get sent back to the totem 

Message 2 of 18 (707 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Bean2kay9 Maybe its my teamates that are placing to far.
Its killing my noob teamates.
Message 3 of 18 (684 Views)

@hhnbbfggty66 Yeah I think that's the issue with it. If you place it close to the team it should be a non-issue

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 18 (633 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex tbf that's the standard with some Revenants. Well, you either get that or they don't even bother to put the totem in a good spot and leave it out in the open

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 18 (621 Views)

@GH0STEDbyME I think it depends on the location of the fight and how quickly you have to push it as to how well it can be placed. If you're pushing to third party throw it down in the open anyway. I'll still hit it, it's an extra 50 health or so. If multiple squads are pushing the same fight it can give you the chance to reset the fight.

Really depends on the situation but I do agree, I have seen some really poor placement. But I've also seen players do that with other legends and their abilities.

Message 6 of 18 (604 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DarthValtrex Agreed and it really doesn't help if the team communicates poorly. If you want me to drop a totem then you need to tell me where the fight is an who we're diving. I've dropped a totem and dove a different team from my squad or dropped it too far from a fight due to poor communication.

There are also those moments where you expect to get a knock and die only to wipe a full squad and end up separated from your team. Timer's up and no teammate in sight to support you. Luckily I'm not good enough for that to happen too often.

Message 7 of 18 (596 Views)

@heme725 The big key to, if the enemy has a lifeline make sure you target the lifeline. That is who you want to knock first when you’re in shadow form. Nothing like knocking 2 getting sent back and a LL has picked both up.

Message 8 of 18 (573 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Isn't that usually the play anyway? I usually go straight for the LL regardless xD

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 18 (539 Views)

Champion
@hhnbbfggty66 Unlimited time? So you can put it down and run clear across the entire map? No thanks. People need to just get better at using it. You cannot use it not known where the enemy is or get into a prolonged fight.
Message 10 of 18 (516 Views)