Revenant: A post patch opinion.

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Revenant: A post patch opinion.

Champion

So as some of you might remember, i posted a topic recently regarding revenant, and how  he was sub par in basically every way.

After reading the patch notes i decided to give the narcissistic terminator another try, and my god what a difference!

His silence ability has become so punishing, especially with the double shot, you can literally close off buildings as people are aware they're gonna be without an ability if they push. Ambushes now work a treat with silence, i've melted so many wraiths/pathfinders this evening using a Pk/silence crouch ambush.

The ULT feels brilliant, you can actually use it without the fear of being insta melted the moment you revive.

Removing the low profile buff was also a great shout, you're not having to skirt around gun fights to stay alive like before.

Overall this has been a really good effort on Respawns part to rebalance this legend, it's not often they give me a reason to send any praise/recognition their  way, but well done!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 10 (541 Views)

Re: Revenant: A post patch opinion.

★★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag Everytime i got hit with it, i was annoyed and frustrated, and honestly a little scared. Thats a good thing.

I still wish his ultimate got a bit of a range boost but the buff it got is nice too.

Its funny as hell now to see Wraiths, Paths and Octanes pushing you, only for them to realize that their panic button dont work for a while and you chase them down while they run. I like it when they run.

Message 2 of 10 (514 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag Only downside is he is getting picked more now lol.

Great buffs though and he is a fun character to use.
Message 3 of 10 (484 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag Agreed great move here!
Message 4 of 10 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtagYOU JUST WANT OP CHARACTERS!!! You make me sick! Go play mirage if you want OP characters! https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Okay-you-know-the-drill/m-p/8931032#M76613 (Read second comment)

XD

Message 5 of 10 (451 Views)

★★★ Guide

They made him a decent legend now. I still think his ult can be better, but this is a move in right direction for sure. Really glad for this buff!

Message 6 of 10 (418 Views)

★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag I came back to the game today to try him out. He feels slightly better, I don't think I'm using his tactical efficiently. Do you have any tips?
Message 7 of 10 (401 Views)

★★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Haven't played the update yet but is the ult buff 50 hp+ whatever shields you had on you? Isn't that kind of broken?
Message 8 of 10 (378 Views)

Champion

@Sir_Named  Ehhhh  not really, just try and get a feel for the range and travel time of it and you'll find it much easier to use.

You can shoot a silence out whilst hipfiring aswell so if you're caught up close by a gib be sure to use it.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 10 (373 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i think they should revamp Revenant using loba storyline because even though he had a buff he still fails to be something fans wanted, make his climb higher for example so that he could actually be the assassin he was promised to be, make his totem indestructable and unusable by enemy squads. if it's possible scrap that whole totem idea just let Revenant go into his shadow ability for a minute or so like a flip of a switch as his ult[AS THEY SHOWED IN THE TRAILER] and let there be a medium sized radius around the shadow mode Revenant, which will give his teammates shadow mode ability if they stay inside the radius[this would encourage players to play as a team], if the shadow protection is destroyed they just come out of it continuously shooting with 50 health and whatever sheild they were on. This would make Revenant more team supporting and aggressive, players will opt him more and we would have more variety in competitive play as Wattson, wraith, pathfinder[my main] and Gibby won't be the only one getting chosen hence giving the players kind of a new skill content set to explore in itself. Make him fortified [5-7% less damage] what he doesn't have in width he has in height and his upper body is so shoot prone that i love to see a revenant around. One more problem with his ult is that when engaging in a fight u have to disengage for some time to find a spot for the totem to be not shot at or used by an enemy squad, this makes his whole aggressive persona dull and takes away what a total badass this character can be, even before engaging u have to put it in a place safe and that safe place for me was always a little too limiting even tho they increased the area, and pinging death totem to your team mates would require them to disengage giving time to the already dominating 3vs2 enemies to regenerate[its almost like we have the death totem advantage rather than revenant team haha]. PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT IF U AGREE OR WANT SOMETHING ELSE TO BE IMPROVED. Quick lore getaway they can use...revenant's source code changes somehow when loba messes with it and these abilities come to light.

Message 10 of 10 (282 Views)