Revamp the inspect weapon option

by lF00Ml

Original Post

Revamp the inspect weapon option

★ Novice

I have always been a fan of inspecting my weapons in game. It is just a little touch that I have always loved. However, the way it is put in the game makes it more of a detriment, more so than a cool thing to do. My issues being:

• For PC players the button is inconveniently mapped to N. Of course, it can be remapped but there is a far better solution than a separate key for inspect.

• You can only inspect if walking or stationary. However, the vast majority of the game is running, looting, and shooting. Walking and sitting still only really happen right before combat, or when waiting at circle which is rare.

• Your HUD disappears when inspecting! So even if I wanted to inspect my weapon, during those rare occasion I am waiting for the circle to close, it becomes a detriment as I am losing too much information just to look at my pretty gun.

I love inspecting my weapons but the 3 issues above make it almost impossible for me to do it. However, I believe all 3 issues can be easily remedied by taking the following action.

The solution:

Remap the inspect option to the reload button but, it will only inspect if and only if the gun is fully reloaded or their are no bullets to reload the clip, furthermore allow players to run and inspect while also NOT removing their HUD.

I know this is an incredibly minor issue, but it would be an amazing change that I am sure many would appreciate. I know I would.

Message 1 of 3 (3,928 Views)

Re: Revamp the inspect weapon option

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello

Can you tell me how to do that

I dont know how to revamp it

Message 2 of 3 (3,722 Views)

Re: Revamp the inspect weapon option

★★★ Newbie

I have been pushing Apex Legends down the throats of everyone I know since opening week, but we have an issue here. I really simple foolish issue. Respawn took away the ability for console users to look at their weapons. We cannot map it to any button we want, as the PC guys can. The way you are supposed to access it is A) a pain in the butt and B) doesn’t actually worry anyway. Bring it back. Don’t turn into a bunch of D-bags. Skins are The ONLY thing we have in this game. The ONLY reward. So come on. 

Message 3 of 3 (2,230 Views)