Re: Retire Gibraltar and Caustic and Replace Them

by asukojo

Original Post

Retire Gibraltar and Caustic and Replace Them

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I think play in Apex is evolving away from cohesive squad play into individualistically dynamic gameplay.

Rather than a long drawn out process of trying to tweak, fix and patch these two Legends, why not just retire them for good and replace them with Legends who fit into the gameplay which has emerged in Apex.

The number of kills alone of either Caustic or Gibraltar must be tiny compared with Wraith or probably any other Legend. Because Gibraltar and Caustic rely heavily on teammates being around when they do their thing. Even on the rare occasions they are successful in battle they are often left on their own to catch up to their squad.

Caustic often has to put traps out and by the time he's done it his team have gone off somewhere else or the enemy just decided it wasn't a good idea to go into a building with Caustic in it.

Gibraltar has the Defensive Barrage thing which can be quite good but is still a pain in the neck for teammates and doesn't have any effect on enemies who take cover.

Just get rid of them and replace them with something that makes sense in the actual Apex environment. And don't put anymore Legends like them into the game.

Rant over.

Message 1 of 9 (553 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I agree to retire Gibby, but not Caustic.

Caustic still fun to play inside the room/building.

Message 2 of 9 (515 Views)

★★ Pro

Or release some new legends... :D 

Message 3 of 9 (512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Let have a vote:

If you agree to retire GIBBY , Give XP here.

Message 4 of 9 (502 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Let have a vote:

If you agree to retire CAUSTIC, Give XP here.

Message 5 of 9 (500 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

If you think this idea is NUTS and would like to keep both of them, Give XP here.

Message 6 of 9 (494 Views)

Community Manager

Phew, the spotlight post is going to be spicy this week.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 9 (439 Views)

★★ Guide

They just got buffed reasonaly man, and i can say those both classes seems abit useful now with new passive and damage. I believe both of them are meant to play with friends and its kinda hard with randoms. Some users in-game like to play slow and safe game, so this characters are best for them and it also have higher chances to win being on last  squad. I just want Wraith to be nerfed, like receive more damage between 2-5%. That 'Speed-O-Sonic' have small body that being to short! It can be so evasive in open field, like a 'tiny CUCARACHA' as what Octane always say!

Message 8 of 9 (412 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Gibraltar needs recycling. Take him out of the game and make major changes.

Dome of Protection could be his Ultimate ability. Retain it's protective attributes but add health and shield replenishment and/or a temporary electrification that empowers teammates a bit.

Defensive Barrage. Needs to deploy much faster and perhaps should be an electrical charge from the ground so it can be used inside buildings. Also could be changed to tactical ability.

Message 9 of 9 (374 Views)