Re: Responding to your concerns - Update 5.2

by QC-ChuckNorris

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I was hit a plane directly with 37mm gun of LVT(A) today , but only dealt 45 damage to the plane , so I may confirm the myth of "the damage of ground cannon vs plane has been change silently" is not a joke .

Does it change on europe theatre ?

By the way my plane still one shot by some tanks , is it depend on the cannon they used ?

Message 11 of 25 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I just started reading the full post and I do really appreciate the transparency considering this new update. That is what we asked for. Better late than never. However, just a few sentences in this update, I have some problems with what update 5.2 is about to do.

• 3d spotting:

"Our principal objective is to help to reduce the frustration felt by players who find themselves ‘deleted’ by players that they had no awareness of in close combat ranges."

Excuse me? So this new 3D spooting is to help the players that just run into a situation without checking anything. I´m sorry but this statement on its own is ridiculous.This is exactly what I said about removing the skill gap and making BF more casual again. I feel like there is a lot of players, that would want this. Some spend hundreds of hours to learn the game mechanics. Knowing the angles they have to check, and overall checking an area before just running in. If you want to make a long lasting and interesting game, don´t kill it with shortcuts for improving your gamesense. The next BF titles is almost 2 years away, so please increase the skillgap and don´t remove it.

• damage range:

You don´t want SMGs to have such a big range, but on the other hand you come up with assignments like the one for the MAB38, which asks you to get skills from very far away.  This is really conflicting. Are we finally going to get a new assignment for the MAB38, as the update is going to make it even more impossible to do?

• larger variety of play styles within each weapon class

" However, if a player starts the game and perceives that the rank 50+ soldier has a gun that is simply better than their starting gun, that is frustrating and cause for them to quit."

I don´t see any reason to help players like this. Thinking that an enemie is better, because he has better weapons and not because he has spend a couple hundred hours more than you in a game, is just (i really dont know how else to put this) unintelligent. Doing any changes what so ever to the weapons won´t change this at all. You can make the starter weapons better, or easier to use (remember the M16 in BF3??), but that makes it easier for the higher levels as well. That´s how a game is supposed to be. Spending time on something makes you better. Players who don´t understand that are the ones that use cheats after some time, because they don´t understand why they can´t be as good as Stodeh after playing for 50 hours.

"We want to ensure that new players who pickup the game have the ability to use an Easy to Learn weapon, that they can feel competitive enough using in order to get a few kills and understand the game[...]"

We already have those weapons in the game. All the starting weapons (Sturmgewehr 1-5, Sten, KE 7, Lee-Enfield) are really good weapons within their class. New players are easily able to get kills with these weapons. Changing them is not going to help them. They well be killed, because they don´t know where to look, what to check, how to move, where to find cover and so on. I understand, that BF can be a really overwhelming game, but that has nothing to to with the weapons and how they act.

Message 12 of 25 (640 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Real_Noobalishus Love this game
Message 13 of 25 (630 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SubFreeze78 I'm glad, it's always good to hear positive feedback Standard smile
Message 14 of 25 (608 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nothing about team balance? Most games end with terrible ticket ratio. One side has all highly skilled players while the other is just poor skilled easy targets. The loosing side then has players quitting making the team worst. It totally kills the experience.

Message 15 of 25 (591 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@QC-ChuckNorris Hey mate Standard smile As I replied in another to you, teams usually get unbalanced due to players on the losing side switching to the winning side, mainly due to 1 - 3 good players dominating the game and they're getting tired of being victim to the slaughter from these few players.

DICE tried to remove the ability to switch over but players always find away around it. If people were to just stay in the team they spawned into, after a few rounds the teams would auto balance and everything would be fine but unfortunately people will either leave or switch and the auto balance algorithm has to start all over again
Message 16 of 25 (581 Views)

★★ Pro
@Real_Noobalishus I know there is a way to switch teams on XBox, but that doesn´t work on PC or PS4. Still on these two platforms the auto balancing does a poor job and @QC-ChuckNorris is actually right. Most of the time, the team balancing gets worse, because players from the loosing team are leaving. Sadly a punishment system like in CS:GO would be a little bit to drastic for a game like BFV.
Message 17 of 25 (572 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@N4v1s Unfortunately I don't know the workings of PC or PS and happy to admit that. On Xbox you have to go through player profiles on the other team and select to join their game.

My assumption was that on Playstation and PC you also had the ability to look at someone's gamer profile and Select to join their game, same as we do. With that being said how do you send friend requests to people on PC or Play Station? Surely you'd have to either select them to view their profile or look them up their profile in some fashion and I'd think it'd be a massive oversight if you couldn't select to join your friends in whatever game they're playing whether it be Battlefield or something else, provided you also own that same game?
Message 18 of 25 (518 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yup no complaints its a great game and tons of fun.🙂

Message 19 of 25 (514 Views)

★★ Pro
@Real_Noobalishus Of course you are able to play with friends, but you are not able to quickly add players of the enemie team to your friendslist on pc. Well, you could probably do that with Origin, but you really should disable Origin in Game, because it leads to problems in the game most of the time. Furthermore, I don't see are reason, why I would accept a friendrequest from someone midgame, who isn't on my team.
Over all, I'm glad that team switching is not a thing anymore (on Pc), because the players using such a system to make a round more balanced is defently the minority.
Message 20 of 25 (503 Views)