Re: Respawn's Cheater's Ban Accuracy

by Deliberus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Respawn's Cheater's Ban Accuracy

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys, I'm just scrolling through the forums and notice that a whole bunch of people have been saying that they have been wrongfully banned for whatever reason. Now I'm not in the position to say who is right or wrong, whether or not a ban was completely accurate or perhaps some people slipped through the cracks. However, there are enough on this forum that seems concerning.

Most of my games, I barely get away with a kill or two, but once in awhile I'll actually win a game as the kill leader (my max is 9 lol); I also really dislike cheaters as they ruin the game for everyone. My concern is if the bans are inaccurate, what I wouldn't want to do is to say invest monetarily into Apex, only for Respawn to come down on me just because I have this one moment of greatness. I've been on the fence whether to buy a season pass or  apex packs during an event. If these bans are raise eyebrows and something happens, that would be a real sad day for my wallet and the time I've spent playing the game.

What do u guys think? Could something actually be going on here or are bans from the game maker typically pretty accurate?

Message 1 of 5 (414 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@NitefireOPFrom what I can see there were a lot of bans that happened due to hackers getting access to accounts and then using cheats on those accounts.

If this happens to you, you can appeal and get the account back.

One thing I highly suggest- setup 2 step verification on your account. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (380 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@NitefireOP In the past cheaters/hackers made their own accounts and had their own fun that way.

Now that hardware bans have become common place cheaters do 1 of 2 things:

1) Spoof their hardware
2) Play on someone else's account

Option number 1 is the better option in the long run as you can simply create hundreds of fake accounts on a dime with a bot program. However, due to Apex updating their systems every so often, option 2 becomes the better option as updating a spoofing program isn't easy.

How do they get people's account details? Sometimes they get them through information brokers, leaked data files of user passwords from EA servers or other websites/services (as a vast majority of users use identical/similar passwords and account names) or simply buying user data on the cheap.

Then simply plug all that data up to a bot program that tries to login with the account details of players who haven't played since Season 0/1 and enjoy as you now have an indispensable amount of accounts to test your cheats with.

As for yourself, I'd recommend using a long randomly generated password with 2FA enabled being changed every month if you want to stay secure. And check the news if there have been any data leaks from companies whose services you use to be able to immediately change your password.
Message 2 of 5 (283 Views)

★ Guide
@NitefireOP Just had a lengthy answer be deleted for revealing the truth. Pathetic moderators...
Message 3 of 5 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@NitefireOPFrom what I can see there were a lot of bans that happened due to hackers getting access to accounts and then using cheats on those accounts.

If this happens to you, you can appeal and get the account back.

One thing I highly suggest- setup 2 step verification on your account. 

Message 4 of 5 (381 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@hayhor hey thanks for the tip, will do Standard smile
Message 5 of 5 (356 Views)