Re: Respawn check in

by -KG-Kajautus

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Guide
QOL update would be nice:
When you loot some ones death box, you can't switch weapons. But you allso can't pick up sights for both your guns. It'll only swap 2 sights for 1 gun, while the gun you don't have in hands sits without a sight.

Then you have to disconnect from loot box, swap weapons and loot it again to have sights for both guns.
Message 11 of 25 (725 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Lowigi wrote:

About the "piggy-backing": I had never heard about this until now and I don't really understand what it is and how it is a cheat? As I read your explanation, it is one of the 3 players that tells his teammates where they can find the better loot, or is it something else?

No, piggy backing is basically being carried... almost literally. Say for instance you are the mvp of your team. You have 11 kills 1500dmg, other teammate has 2 kills 300 dmg. Last guy has 28 dmg but has been with you the whole time.

There's almost no way that after playing for 10+ mins when someone has 1k+ dmg that another has less than 100. Either the person is SEVERELY lacking in skill, nowhere near your team or just not participating. This last thing is piggy backing. They willfully decide not to participate in the game and let their team do all the work. This can be either done by a group of friends (in which case it's not piggy backing but 'boosting' or in mmorpg terms 'plvling' since they all decided on it) or by a person in a random squad. 

Hope it's clearer for you now. 

I've had this happen in the past but like others saying here, there are more prevalent things that need adressing instead of this imo, but good to see an update coming out nontheless

Message 12 of 25 (702 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@-KG-Kajautus wrote:
QOL update would be nice:
When you loot some ones death box, you can't switch weapons.

Yes you can? It even has an on screen prompt to do so dude...

Message 13 of 25 (680 Views)

★ Guide

@Grinder_No1 Maybe he was suggesting an update like that? Like.. maybe to limit someone from exchanging loot too much or something. Idk, just thought I'd throw this out there.

Carry on.

Message 14 of 25 (670 Views)

★ Novice

That's great and all, but the length of time between updates for such a short list of changes is a bit off, no?  It seems as though Apex fails to update at a rate that keeps the community involved, and Fortnite does the exact opposite, updating all too frequently. Hoping your team can roll out content a little faster in the future as to keep the viability of the game alive.  The battle pass was a bit disappointing and I don't feel as though I'm alone in saying that.

Message 15 of 25 (658 Views)

★★ Novice

Instead of filtering players for piggybacking u should make the survival time act as a multiplier so it increases the xp u gain from dealing dmg/kills/revives etc.

And another u guys should try to make a habit of are meta changes. As u guys will be dropping content in longer intervals u should change the dmg,recoil etc of wpns just so people have to use different stuff and things seem fresh. Hopefully u guys find this useful

Message 16 of 25 (629 Views)

Noob EA, where is the update *.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How long i have to wait for updates! 

APEX LEGENDS IS DYING!

Message 17 of 25 (613 Views)

★ Guide

I feel as though they already do meta changes on the weapons.  It feels like they change on a regular basis. I play on Xbox.

Message 18 of 25 (592 Views)

★ Apprentice

Delay lag is one sincere problem. I often see enemies and shoot them, but before they even have turned around to shoot me I get knocked. Is there some sort of delay in this game or the servers that makes this happen?

Message 19 of 25 (543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Hitreg and footstep sounds are my two biggest grievances so I am happy to hear they are addressing it.  I get tilted pretty fast when hitreg is determining encounters.  

@trsorhaug Or you get a few steps behind cover or a wall and get knocked meaning they still had you on their screen to shoot.  This would also be a grievance of mine but kind of related to hitreg I imagine.

Message 20 of 25 (537 Views)