Re: Respawn&EA Encouraging Cheaters??

by d3adc3II

Original Post

Respawn&EA Encouraging Cheaters??

★★ Guide

It feels as though your forum policy and moderation behavior are practically making EA/Respawn accessories to the cheating occurring on PC or at the very least complicit.

So what you HWID ban? They don't work. We've seen it bypassed in less than 2minutes.

It's not enough to try to hide it by punishing the players that're trying to have conversations about a better solution; all this is going to do is further alienate them.

What incentive are you giving these players to care? NONE. Just a generic 'wE suRe dO cArE aND we'Re LOokiNg iNtO iT' auto-response.

I would definitely say that the player retention on PC is on borrowed time. It either gets a heavy handed course correction soon or apex will not survive.

Message 1 of 18 (642 Views)

★ Guide
So what solution do you propose? They're clearly doing everything they can.
Message 2 of 18 (604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@tonycawley69 wrote:

I'm not sure how you know this but I don't think so, looking at other games ( CS Go, PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch).

We dont expect there is zero hacker in the game, everyone knows it's impossible. As long as they control those hackers in acceptable number, I'm already happy.

Message 3 of 18 (591 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xTomboyRespecter  They said in the last update that there will be an update on progress against cheating this week.

"Cheaters

Message 4 of 18 (578 Views)

Champion

@warslag 

I am really looking forward to see the anti-cheat progress this week.

How many accounts they banned? (10M accounts or more?)

Or their new anti-cheat system? 

Like those things.

But anyway the current situation is very very BAD (at least,PC version in Asia legion).

I want to know what they will say about it.

Wondering

Message 5 of 18 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@tonycawley69 wrote:

Easiest and fastest solution would be a simple 2-Step-Verification with your Phonenumber.

Most cheaters in the world don´t have "unlimited" phonenumbers to use on a daily basis.

If devs don´t have time, money or experience to code one on their own, then just partner with google auth like ubisoft does.

Once this would be implemented it would buy them some time to implement a different anticheat which is still needed (at best 2 anticheat with different methods like Fairfight+Battleye)

And this is something a lot of us already asked for after the first week of release.

Message 6 of 18 (548 Views)

Hello @xTomboyRespecter

Use this link if you see any cheater: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 7 of 18 (515 Views)

★★★ Guide

Don't expect game programmer and artist can handle this . Anti-cheat is Easy's business , they made the deal .

Message 8 of 18 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@tonycawley69 

I'd do the only thing left that they can do, I would implement a ping/latency/region lock system.

Though I still don't know if this can be circumvented by a VPN or other process. 

I'm currently at the understanding that latency will always be relative to the distance from server to client regardless of how the connection is established.

So in my mind, disallowing players to choose which servers they'll connect to could reallocate cheaters back into their own regions. Maybe then the local populace can put enough pressure on the local legislature to help Respawn by enforcing international copyright laws. 

Message 9 of 18 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@xTomboyRespecter wrote:

@tonycawley69 

I'd do the only thing left that they can do, I would implement a ping/latency/region lock system.

Though I still don't know if this can be circumvented by a VPN or other process. 

I'm currently at the understanding that latency will always be relative to the distance from server to client regardless of how the connection is established.

So in my mind, disallowing players to choose which servers they'll connect to could reallocate cheaters back into their own regions. Maybe then the local populace can put enough pressure on the local legislature to help Respawn by enforcing international copyright laws. 

Regionlock will never help against cheaters.... they´re everywhere.

The most well known cheaters who even stream with cheats are ALL american.

Same for europe... no matter which nation you choose, all have a lot of cheaters.

There is only a small difference.... europeans cheat smarter with ESP only or an aimbot that acts more like aimassist so it wont get flagged as aimbot at all.... meanwhile people from the asian continent don´t even try to hide it and people from the american content are inbetween, some smart and some rampant.

Message 10 of 18 (437 Views)