Respawn Entertainment: A Conversation | E3 Coliseum 2019 Panel

Community Manager

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 10 (495 Views)

Re: Respawn Entertainment: A Conversation | E3 Coliseum 2019 Panel

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Why are they so secretive about their games!? I don't understand!

Message 2 of 10 (470 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Sp4ceb4lls There are two aspects i can think of.

The positive effect and explosion in interrest, like Apex legends had. Where people read about the game, read that over 1 million joined the first day, 10 million in a week. And the snowball effect that it had on the game was immense and generally positive, the first week. :P

But that only works if the company has good rating and standings with the gaming community in general. In this case, they got hurt, due to the major cheating issue, the time it took to tackle it (its still an issue) and their general lack of information towards their own community. People quickly tire of it and simply turn away, looking for other interresting options.

But time will tell i guess.

// The "not so good" Apex legends player.
Message 3 of 10 (441 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

14 months to create a new character; Apex is 4 months old and we are going to get the 10th champion soon. 

14 months are like 1 and half gravidance but nobody dare to go to a 4 months pregnant woman and tell her to deliver the baby sooner ah ah

Message 4 of 10 (424 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Why they're so secretive?  

Just like other bussiness, Gaming industry is very competitive, so if an idea is leaked, other studios can copy and implemented faster, launches it earlier then steal the thunder.

Message 5 of 10 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Space cow moving around the map Standard smile

"Dragon flyer" : Caged & Not caged.

The cage one, probably more friendly so if you let it free then it might be an ally to help attack enemies or another enemy fliers.

The not cage, it could a wild one who like to attack, it will protect or come into certain area, and If you kill it, you will get reward. 

You have to watch over your head now, I think this's way for respawn to kill camper who like to hide on high ground, or top of high tree.

Note: This purely my guess.

Message 6 of 10 (396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

New baby legends are on the pipeline.

Legends.PNG

Rumor said Rosie is going to be born next as part of Session-2.

Message 7 of 10 (376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I thought they were going to be more open with the community and communicate a lot more but they are just as secretive as ever. I 100% understand with a game like jedi but not when it comes to Apex. There's been a huge fall of players due to a number of factors but lack of content updates and lack of communication are the two big factors that drove people away and what do we get? We get a lack of communication about the content update...

This isn't some huge, groundbreaking, spoiler heavy super secret industry defining game you're dealing with here Respawn it's just Apex, a battle royale in an industry oversaturated with battle royale games and you're answer to the reasons people have been leaving is to stay as closed off as ever. I'm excited for Season 2, I think you guys do great work and have a whole wealth of great potential with Apex but refusing to learn from your past mistakes in staying closed off and secretive from the community that gives your project life is just pure stupidity.

but I get it You think you're going to capture that lightning in a bottle you had at launch and blow our collective minds with your new content but you're not, it's not going to happen. It happened once, our minds were blown with this new entry into the battle royale landscape because it came out of nowhere and dominated in the first few weeks but that's it now, it's here, the surprise is done, it's not going to happen a second time so stop trying to put all of your eggs in the "Shock Factor" basket..please..

For me at least it's more the lack of communication than the lack of content.  understand that Apex is a very different experience to what they are used to, it's a transition for them and it's not the sort of game where they can take a few months to make a map pack an then ship to a community that is still going strong. In this type of game you have to be pumping out content to keep interest at a much faster rate and they are trying to take the time to learn that.

It's the lack of communication that frustrates me. You gave us basically nothing. Two new content types? Ok but what though? Emotes? You could have said "Yeah emotes are coming" and we'd have been happy. You didn't have to go in to any deep detail about what the emotes would be specifically, how they would be used and so on, just telling us what the content types are so we could speculate and communicate would have been fine, at least we would know what was coming because as of now we still don't know what's coming other than a new legend (Which we already knew) and that we'll have more legendary skins and more crafting metal...that's it...that's all we really know and it's not enough in all honesty.

Message 8 of 10 (364 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Ok guyz but I still don't understand!

Message 9 of 10 (339 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ThatFawkzi i couldn't have said it better myself! RIGHT... ON... POINT!
Message 10 of 10 (304 Views)