Re: Requesting more communication

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

@ToastedSarnie  And we've missed you! There are a few forums regulars that have really slowed down and some are on my Origins friends list as well and I don't see them there as often as I used as well (especially @asabaida and @ippig who I used to see on a lot). That is not a good sign. 

Again, I don't expect a dev to reply to everything all the time, but even occasional, simple replies would really help. I loved the days of those livestreams with the team and to see if Justin Wiebe would show up and play around in the background or not, it makes the team feel more real and personable than all this quiet we've been getting, it makes things feel forgotten and ignored.

This is compounded with the lack of those videos we used to get in GW1 and 2. Not just the devs playing the games, all those other videos for stuff like Zomboss down and the graveyard variety pack. We got the feastivus one and the spring (wizard and such) one along with the couple of Founders/launch videos but otherwise, it's just not as lively as it should be.

Message 21 of 60 (907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Iron_Guard8Thank you - and no, things shouldn't feel like this while the game's still relatively young.

The streams were good, but mainly focused on showcasing new prize maps etc, and in all honesty I'd happily sacrifice them for a few words here & there directly addressing issues raised in the forum 😔

Until this break, I'd spent hours every day reading through posts & replying where I thought it might help, but it's become exhausting going over the same old ground time & time again without any response, so I'm not to go back to doing that at this stage.

If there's communication and / or I'm playing regularly, I might pop in occasionally - otherwise if there's an important post like this that needs support, please someone let me know either by tagging or pm-ing me.

ADDED: Tagging our current Champions so they're aware re last paragraph 

@dwooten77 @TheSprinter85 @spIash_damage 

Message 22 of 60 (892 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ToastedSarnie Will do.  If I stop by and see something I’ll tag you and homegirl.

Message 23 of 60 (858 Views)

★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 John did say he was gonna try to be more active on the bfn discord.
Message 24 of 60 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@dwooten77 Homegirl's got her notifications off atm, so you might need to use the force.... or just let me know, as we usually speak a couple of hundred times a day 😂🤣
Message 25 of 60 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ToastedSarnie  Welcome back! Large smile

@Shadowphinx101  Hopefully so!

Message 26 of 60 (815 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Thank you, but I'm not fully back; going to see what happens in the next couple of weeks. I'm on the brink of quitting the game unless there's some significant improvement or communication enough to give me real hope of improvement.
Message 27 of 60 (731 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ToastedSarnie I've decided I am taking July off, and will reevaluate after that. And that also means staying away from the forums for a while; I am going to make it a clean break.

I will miss the forums! The community here is amazing. Thank you to everyone here who read my posts, liked them, disliked them, gave me XP, and provided me an audience to voice my grievances about a video game, a franchise, that has provided me much joy.

I will poke my head back in August. Perhaps the game will be better balanced and bug-free by then (with a Plant character on the way).

To quote one of my favorite movies, "See you on the other side, Ray."
Message 28 of 60 (677 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Nice working with ya Dr @kapkarrot! 👻Thank YOU - you've always contributed great, thought-provoking posts.
No idea where we'll all be at in August, but let's hope for the best.
Take care of yourself 🌻
Message 29 of 60 (630 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Hello everybody! 

I am only now reacting to this, because I have only joined the forums in the first or second week of August, as far as I can remember. 

Since my shy first attempts, I have become an extremely active forum member. I recognize a lot of you formerly very active forum members and want to thank you @ToastedSarnie & @kapkarrot .

I have been reading the forums since founders, and I am puzzled as to why you and @Iron_Guard8 haven't been promoted to champion yet. I know there are a lot more members who left and were very active in the beginning and up until recently, but I can't tag them all, so I'd like to generally say: Thank you very much Standard smile. Stay healthy and positive in this difficult time.

I read every message here and liked every post. They are all amazing!

Long story short, I couldn't agree more with @Iron_Guard8 's post.

@Shadowphinx101 It is very weird to me they can say this stuff on discord but not here. It would have even helped if one of the devs said "We can't comment much on the game here, but we ware listening to you and taking you seriously." in a forum post.

@dwooten77 Now I can really see what you meant with your comments on communication in my Chomper thread.

Message 30 of 60 (513 Views)